Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

What version of icpc is the latest?

Menger__Bill
Beginner

I just downloaded parallel_studio_xe_2019_composer_edition_for_cpp and it doesn't look like the compiler itself has updated since Feb of 2018.  Am I missing a more recent release?  I know this is a silly question, but having a hard time finding the information on the software download website.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ

It shouldn't be, unless you also have a beta installed.

The released version should be built around Jul or Aug 2018, and is version 19.0. try "icc --version" from your build environment that should be setup from the setup script. 

or simple type "icc -c t.c", it should print out a sign-on message that contains the build date. 

Jennifer 

0 Kudos
Menger__Bill
Beginner

Ok that found my problem.  I've attempted an installation but it defaulted to /opt/intel when I thought I was putting it in a shared directory.  I followed the directions in the installation guide, using ./install.sh --SHARED_INSTALL=/my/shared/dir and it still puts the files in /opt/intel.

Has something changed in the installation since 2017?  I initially was able to install in a shared area, but I'm missing how to do it now.  If I can get the SHARED_INSTALL to work, then my path will point to the current icc and all is well. 

Thank you,
Bill

0 Kudos
Menger__Bill
Beginner

Solution:  I found that the installation script will continually default to /opt/intel and not allow you to modify the location to a shared directory once you have installed any component on the system.  The way around it was to:

1) log in to another node (as root)

2) install the suite from that node (but it had an issue with one of the components)

3) go back to the original node and reinstall.  On this node, it now asked if modifications were desired and allowed an alternate directory, and allowed me to complete the installation into the shared directory.

My opinion is that the installation script has too many checks in it preventing a person from installing outside of a narrow box of choices.  If any mistake is made (or in my case, if I installed the license manager in /opt//intel first) then that user has violated the expected behavior and the script will not allow modifications such as alternate locations.  This should be changed.

Bill

0 Kudos