Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Where can one procure the 'Microsoft Visual Studio package' on Linux?

MrAlex94
Beginner

From the documentation:
> On Linux, icx-cl requires the Microsoft Visual Studio package. 

I'm not sure which package that is or where exactly to get it from? Hoping it'll fix issues such as LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcmt.lib', etc.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
MrAlex94
Beginner

Thanks for the response, but that link isn't very helpful. The only thing useable on Linux there is VS Code, which I assume is not the package being referred to?

0 Kudos
tanzania567
Beginner

i'm facing the same issue is anyone know the simple solution

0 Kudos
VaishnaviV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Intel communities.

I would like to inform you that the icx-cl on Linux platform is currently in its experimental stage. And The compiler has an external dependency on the Microsoft Visual Studio C++ package (compiler/headers/libraries/tools). There should be a cross-compiler package for Linux available from Microsoft which provides this baseline.

I kindly request that you avoid using icx-cl on Linux.

If you still face any issues please let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Vankudothu Vaishnavi.

0 Kudos
VaishnaviV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you.

Has the information provided above helped? If yes, could you please confirm whether we can close this thread from our end?

Thanks & Regards,

Vankudothu Vaishnavi.

0 Kudos
VaishnaviV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Vankudothu Vaishnavi.

0 Kudos
MrAlex94
Beginner
Sorry for the late reply, I have notifications turned on but none seem to have been delivered to my inbox.

Managed to sort it out as you mentioned, by copying the aforementioned Windows SDK and VS libraries over, managed to point the compiler to the libs.
0 Kudos