Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Why does my application have to link to svml_disp.lib and libdecimal.lib in x64 build?

shyaki
Beginner
I have a visual studio 2005 MFC project. Its x32 build does not need any Intel libs, but its x64 build has to link to svml_disp.lib and libdecimal.lib by default. I could build the x64 version by ignoring them explicitely and the application runs well. Does visual studio 2005 have to link to these libs by default?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - shyaki
I have a visual studio 2005 MFC project. Its x32 build does not need any Intel libs, but its x64 build has to link to svml_disp.lib and libdecimal.lib by default. I could build the x64 version by ignoring them explicitely and the application runs well. Does visual studio 2005 have to link to these libs by default?

64-bit Intel compilers have auto-vectorization on by default, and so the vector math library is linked by default. If you didn't have any vectorized math functions, it would not be required.
It would be interesting to know whether any run-time functions might require libdecimal.
0 Kudos