Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Why does the VS looking for "libmmdd.lib" ?

Beom_K_
Beginner

Hello,

I have the following scenario.

System : Windows 7, Visual Studio 2012, Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 Composer Edition.

Sceneario :

Project1.sln                        -              Visual Studio 2012 Solution

Main.vcxproj                     -              Visual C++ Project set to build using MS compiler, Main project creates main.EXE using intel.LIB and MS.LIB

Intel.vcxproj                      -              Visual C++ Project set to build using intel C++ compiler, generates intel.LIB

MsVC.vcxproj                    -              Visual C++ Project set to build using MS compiler, generates MS.LIB

Intel.vcxproj and MsVC.vcxproj build without any problem. However when I try to build Main.vcxproj, its keep failing with the following error message.

Error      1              error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmdd.lib'    

But if I set Main.vcxproj to build using Intel C++, it builds without any problem.

My question here is.. why does Main.vcxproj needs to link to libmmdd.lib?    Intel.lib and Ms.lib are static library and I am not sure why I need to include libmmdd.lib. Also, how do I fix this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Mathematical functions such as pow(), log(), etc., in the libmm*.lib library are called from object files produced by the Intel C/Fortran compilers. Static/dynamic release/debug versions (4 in all) of the libraries are available for you to select from.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

hi,

if your Main.vcxproj links to the library created by intel.vxproj, you do need to link the Intel libs. just add the libmmdd.lib to main project's link input.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Beom_K_
Beginner

Thanks all for the reply.   I asked this because I wasn't getting this error when I compile these manually in command line.  I am guessing these libraries are already in my system PATH. :) 

Thank you!

0 Kudos