Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Windows 10, ICL 19.1.2.254 Build 20200623: What is the library to use filesystem header ?

mikeitexpert
New Contributor II

I need to use `include <filesystem>` in my code, however, I get the below link error as I build my application. My target platform is Windows 10 64bit. 

test_accuracy.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol wmemcmp referenced in function "public: class std::filesystem::path & __cdecl std::filesystem::path::operator/=(class std::filesystem::path const &)" (??_0path@filesystem@std@@QEAAAEAV012@AEBV012@@Z)
Debug\test_accuracy.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I just have no idea what library I need to pass to the xlink. 

Your comments are much appreciate it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikeitexpert
New Contributor II

I updated my VS  2019 16.8.5 and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the clue.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel C++ Compiler forum. We’re checking this with our team. We’ll get back to you with an answer.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. We worked with a reproducer code and the issue was reproduceable in Visual studio. But the same code worked fine in command line. The issue seems to be related to Visual studio. We urge you to try executing your code after upgrading your visual studio. If the issue persists, please raise your issue in Microsoft Visual Studio forum.

Regards

Gopika

mikeitexpert
New Contributor II

I updated my VS  2019 16.8.5 and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the clue.

Regards

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation and accepting it as a solution. Glad to know the issue is resolved after updating the visual studio. As the issue is resolved, we’re no longer monitoring this thread. For further issues and queries, please raise a new thread. We’d be happy to help you.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos