Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Windows: identifier "not" is undefined, crash

Preston__Eric
Beginner

Just installed the latest Composer edition on windows to test it out. Have VS 2012 Pro, but installed 2015 Community for the new headers (can't intel supply their own headers? sheesh). getting some bizarra behavoir, like:

... error : identifier "not" is undefined

1>                if (not dataArray.isStorageContiguous()) {

Seriously?And several times, I get:

1>": : error : ** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.

1>  ** Segmentation violation signal raised. **

1>  Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.

But, if I just hit "build" again, that usually goes away. Is the windows distribution buggy or what?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your problem report.

I'm assuming that you've reinstalled or modified IPS XE Composer Edition after installation of VS2015, in order to integrate Intel compiler into VS2015.  If you haven't, please let me know.  Regarding the errors you observed, do you have a small test case?  I'd like to reproduce the errors on my machine.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

2015 update 4 supports vs2015. If you are playing in the area where vs2015 has made changes, you might expose bugs on either Microsoft or Intel side,

0 Kudos
Preston__Eric
Beginner

Thanks for the responses. I think I've fixed the first problem (identifier "not" missing) by including <ciso646>. It must be included somewhere in the gnu standard headers, but not in the VS headers.

However this little ditty:

#include <iostream>
#include <ciso646>

int main()
{

if (not false)
	{
		std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl;
	}

return 0;
}

Actually refuses to compile with Intel (goes fine with MS)

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\type_traits(1617): error : a nonstatic member reference must be relative to a specific object
1>            -> decltype(_STD invoke(get(), _STD forward<_Types>(_Args)...))

0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

The above error looks like the same problem discussed here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/562570

Note the workaround.

0 Kudos