Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Xcode 8.2 Support

Giuseppe_R_
Beginner

Hi, I installed Intel C++ Compiler (and GDB, nothing more) using Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 1 on a macOS 10.12.2 with Xcode 8.2.

When asked about environment, I selected the option "Both command line and Xcode integration environment".

The installation completed successfully, but when I go to the target's compiler option in Xcode, there's no intel compiler (only default Apple llvm). If I manually enter the /opt/intel/bin/icc it accept, but it mark as "Unsupported compiler" and compilation fails with error: Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file [...]/main.cpp

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Integration with Xcode 8.2 is not currently available. Support is targeted in our PSXE 2017 Update 2 release next month. You will need to down-version your Xcode to either 8.0 or 8.1 in the meantime.

The same issue was reported with Fortran: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler-for-linux-and-mac-os-x/topic/707171

0 Kudos
Giuseppe_R_
Beginner

Thank you, Kevin. I'll patiently wait for the update.

0 Kudos
Rocio_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I down-verisoned to 8.1 to be able to use Intel Fortran 2017 in Xcode. Still, I cannot choose Intel Fortran as Custom script in the "Using" menu.

I reinstalled everything and even did the trick of creating a symbolic link to 8.1 in case the default was 8.0. The Developer folder is not in /Library/Application\ Support/ as stated in the help, but in /Library/. Not sure if that could be a problem.

Anything I am missing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos