Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/exprutil.c", line 2485

NI_V_
Beginner

I am using Intel Parallel Studio 2011 ( not XE) using a valid license. I am getting the following error when I compile my code:

internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/exprutil.c", line 2485

I ran the "Check Upgrades" on my machine and it suggested my to upgrade to Upgrade 8. So I downloaded and upgraded the installation. 

Again I am seeing the same error. I am not sure 

The compiler says that it is using the following version

Compiling with Intel(R) C++ Compiler 12.1.2.079 [Intel(R) 64]... (Intel C++ Environment)

Please let me know how to resolve the issue. This might be a compiler issue or is there something else that I do to workaround the problem.

This is a related post but the failure is different

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/277142

Since I do not have Parallel Studio XE 2011, is there any alternate solution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello, that's not the latest version. Could you please install the latest one, which is Update 12 (12.1.6)? Alternatively you could also try Intel(R) Composer XE 2013. Please let me know whether the problem is still visible with either version. Best regards, Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
NI_V_
Beginner
This might seem a naive question- can you please let me know how do I upgrade to the latest version i.e 12.1.6 ? As I mentioned earlier, I ran the "Product Updates" application and it said there are no updates.
0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello, it seems you have an expired license and thus you cannot get updates higher than 8. There are two ways we can analyze the problem you have: - Install an evaluation version of the new Update 12 to see whether the problem still exists. - Provide a small reproducer (preprocessed file) that shows the internal compiler error. In the old forum we had a private reply feature which was used for that. However, our new forum does not have it (yet). I assume you cannot disclose the reproducer. Thus I have to figure out how to exchange confidential files with our new system first. I'll come back to you if I found a safe way. Could you try the evaluation version meanwhile? Thank you & best regards, Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos