Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

assertion failed: select_overloaded_copy_constructor: NULL constructor

Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

Greetings,

ICC 16.0 (up-to-date), Windows 10, MSVC 2013, x64

I was trying so hard (like 3 hours) to make a reproducer, but I failed.

ICC 15 compiles okay, while ICC 16.0 (final version) gives compiler error:

error : assertion failed: select_overloaded_copy_constructor: NULL constructor (shared/cfe/edgcpfe/overload.c, line 25761)

the templated class is:

template<class TYPE>
class c_simple_equalizer // here is the assert reported

NB: This class is never copy-constructed, nor assignment-operator assigned. It has no default constructor.

PS: one thing came into my mind: if someone would evaluate ICC for 30 days period, and came to errors like this one, he would decline to use ICC. What about Intel would release updates to ICC not in like 3 months period, but once a week?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi Marian,

I've searched in our problem tracking system (with keyword "select_overloaded_copy_constructor" or "line 25761"), and failed to find any existing issues there. :(

If you cannot generate a simple test case easily, you may submit the whole project to us and we may work on it directly. It is better to submit on premier.intel.com as you may want your code to be confidential.

Thanks,

Shenghong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
the forum truncated the assertion failure message, so there it is: error : assertion failed: select_overloaded_copy_constructor: NULL constructor (shared/cfe/edgcpfe/overload.c, line 25761)
0 Kudos
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi Marian,

I've searched in our problem tracking system (with keyword "select_overloaded_copy_constructor" or "line 25761"), and failed to find any existing issues there. :(

If you cannot generate a simple test case easily, you may submit the whole project to us and we may work on it directly. It is better to submit on premier.intel.com as you may want your code to be confidential.

Thanks,

Shenghong

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
shenghong-geng (Intel) wrote:

I've done it right now. Thank you.
0 Kudos