Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

\bin32, tool path is not existing!

Remmers__Dale
Beginner

I'm getting this error message when trying to open a solution in Visual Studio 2017 after installing Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019.  After clicking OK, Visual Studio closes.  This happens repeatedly regardless of which solution file I'm opening.  Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

I am not sure what this has to do with Intel compiler?

0 Kudos
Remmers__Dale
Beginner

Running the psxevars.bat script broke Visual Studio, and it wasn't clear how to solve the issue.  

After some time, I uninstalled Parallel Studio Ex 2019, which fixed the problem.  Then I reduced the length of my PATH environment variable, reinstalled Parallel Studio and everything worked.

0 Kudos
Doe__Alex
Beginner

Remmers, Dale wrote:
After some time, I uninstalled Parallel Studio Ex 2019, which fixed the problem.  Then I reduced the length of my PATH environment variable, reinstalled Parallel Studio and everything worked.

Thank you! I've had the exact same issue with Parallel Studio 2019 in VS 2017, and removing a couple items from PATH fixed it. But my PATH wasn't even that long to begin with. Not cool, Intel!

0 Kudos
richter__franz
Beginner

I am facing the same issue, but I do not understand the solution. Which path did you fix?

0 Kudos
aturnbul
Novice

Dear Franz,

I had the same error but from a different root cause. I installed the minimum Software Studio required to install the System Debugger. This apparently included the Intel Inspector extension for Visual Studio which is what caused the error (in my case). After uninstalling the extension (see Manage Extensions), the error went away (uninstalling the software was not necessary). YMMV but I hope this helps.

0 Kudos