Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

bits/c++config.h missing when installed in /Developer-3.2.6

stele
Beginner

I'm running XCode 3.2.6 installed into /Developer-3.2.6 and have the Intel C++ compiler installed in /Developer-3.2.6 as well (I just transitioned from an eval to a paid license).

However, when I try to build some C++ code I get this error for every file:

catastrophic error: cannot open source file "bits/c++config.h"

It was all working fine when everything was installed in /Developer.

Please, is there a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your report.

How aboutbuilding the code with g++? Did it work fine or not? I googled and saw a similar report (although it occured on Linux rather than Mac OS): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4643197/missing-include-bits-cconfig-h-when-cross-compiling-64-bit-program-on-32-bit. You might want to trythe workarounds in that thread.

In case neither of them works for you, please provide more details of the problem, including OS version, Intel compiler version, g++ version, a reproducer, etc.

Thank you.
--
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools
0 Kudos
stele
Beginner
Thanks for replying. Yes, the code builds when I switch the settings back to use gcc. I saw the same thing about Linux as well. It's like the Intel compiler is not searching in the right include paths for standard headers. I know I've been able to successfully use it when it everything was rooted in /Developer. Since I also have to maintain an XCode 4 tree, and it wants to be in /Developer, I need everything in this case to be rooted in a different /Developer tree.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Did you check that the same g++ is active in your icpc environment as when you run g++ by itself?
g++ -v
which g++
0 Kudos
stele
Beginner
Well, I'm in XCode, so all of those settings/paths should be controlled by the build rules and DEVELOPER_DIR variable (which is set to /Developer-3.2.6).

I suspect something is up with the XCode integration.
0 Kudos