Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

c++ 10.0 for Windows

john_c_fabian
Beginner

Hi,

I have installed intel C++ 10.0 for window and I have having problems with Visual Studio 2005. Visual Studio rcognize that I have and Intel Fortran Compiler but it not not recognize the C++ compiler. I have tried several times to reinstall it and it still does not work. Am I doing some wrong

0 Kudos
2 Replies
levicki
Valued Contributor I

First, you should really change your user name here on the forum. Intel's stupid defualt is your email address and you will soon start getting a ton of spam.

Second, you can try to reregister the integration manually from the command prompt:

C:
cd C:Program FilesIntelCompilerVS IntegrationC++VS2005
integrate.bat "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8"

By the way, if someone from Intel is reading this, that integrate.bat file is broken.

First, it says that it accepts vsvars32 path as a parameter but it actually needs the root of the Visual Studio installation.

Second, for Visual Studio 2005, it can use existing VS80COMNTOOLS environment variable to get the vsvars32 path.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

You're right. The help msg could be more clear and the parameter could be avoid. I've created a tracker on this. Thank you for pointing this out.

For now, the cmd in previous msg should work. In some case, you may need to uninstall it several time to get rid of the registry data completely like this:

>> integrate.bat VC8-ROOT-DIR /u

>> integrate.bat VC8-ROOT-DIR /u

>> integrate.bat VC8-ROOT-DIR

0 Kudos