Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

can't open file 'libmmt.lib' error

Cindy_Z_
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to build a project (or a solution) in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 ultimate, and I got a compiling error: " LINK: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib' ". I know this should be something about a library related to Intel C++ compiler. I don't have any experience in using this Intel compiler. It will be great if somebody could give out some advice regarding the steps on how to fix this error. For example, where could I download this Intel C++ compiler, how to link this Intel C++ compiler to Microsoft Visual C++, etc. The computer I am using is inspiron 1525 with the processor of Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 (32-bit OS). The OS is windows 7.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JenniferJ

Please goto the product page: http://software.intel.com/en-us/c-compilers

Select "Learning" tab, you should see the "Getting Started" videos. They're pretty short ~6min.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

That message could be generated as a response to many factors.For example:running out of hdd space,improperly formatted library name,file beign open by another program,insufficient file permission.

0 Kudos
Cindy_Z_
Beginner

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the Intel compiler smoothly. However, when I use Microsoft Visual C++ to build the solution, I got the same error: "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib' ". If I use the Intel compiler, I got some unsolved external symbol errors:

1>in_dream.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _socket@12 referenced in function "void * __cdecl in_dream(void *)" (?in_dream@@YAPAXPAX@Z)

1>in_dream.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _closesocket@4 referenced in function "void * __cdecl in_dream(void *)" (?in_dream@@YAPAXPAX@Z)

It looks like this project has to be compiled using Intel C++ Compiler in order to open the fiile 'libmmt.lib', and I don't think these unresolved external symbol errors have anything to do with Intel C++ Compiler. This compiler should work fine now.

Thanks,

Cindy

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

for the issue with bulding with VC, did you "rebuild" the project? it might be because several .obj are from ICL.

for the issue with ICL, also make sure to "rebuild" and could you try /Od?

Jennifer

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The errors indicate a bad mixture of stdcall and cdecl.  cdecl has been the default for both Microsoft and Intel compilers for more than a decade (except that Microsoft still expects stdcall for WinAPI functions, where proper use of headers should take care of it).  If any objects have been built with the wrong API, of course rebuilding them will be part of the solution.

0 Kudos