Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

catastrophic error: Cannot open source file "stdio.h"(MacOS Catalina 10.15)

keshav__sanath
Beginner

Hello all!

I'm super sorry if this is a redundant question asked many times. But I would really be thankful for some guidance.

I recently installed parallel studio 2020 update 1 on my Mac running macOS Catalina 10.15. I have icc/icpc compiler errors such as 

- /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/stdio.h(107): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "stdio.h"

I made sure to perform source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64 as soon as I installed it. I also deleted and reinstalled Xcode command line tools.

I am a little lost as to what I can do next and it would really go a long way if anyone has any inputs/guidance. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sanath

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yaf
New Contributor I

I have the same issue. But you can resolve it for now by explicitly providing the correct `dir` to be searched by `-Idir`:

icc -I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include 
icpc -I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include 

or

icc main.c -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk 
icpc main.cpp -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk 

Where you should have already installed the command line tools in macOS by:

xcode-select --install

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RahulV_intel
0 Kudos
keshav__sanath
Beginner

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I had already followed these instructions and I still have this problem. I am just trying to use the compiler from the command line. I have Xcode command line tools installed. And I sourced the compilervars.sh file too.

Best,

Sanath

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

What is a subversion of macOS Catalina 10.15.# you have?

0 Kudos
keshav__sanath
Beginner

Hello Viet Hoang,

Currently, I'm on macOS Catalina10.15.5. Please let me know if I can provide any further information for you!

Best,

Sanath

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

macOS Catalina10.15.5 just released this month but IPSXE2020 Update 1 released back in April-1. If you still see the same issue with older macOS Catalina10.15 (ex. update 1), then let us know. Otherwise, it could be an issue with macOS Catalina10.15.5, because we couldn't validate this subversion with IPSXE2020 Update 1 at the time we released the compiler.

0 Kudos
keshav__sanath
Beginner

Dear Viet Hoang,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't have the freedom to go back to the previous version of Catalina. In the meantime, all I can do is wait for the next IPSXE2020 Update and hope it solves the issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
yaf
New Contributor I

I have the same issue. But you can resolve it for now by explicitly providing the correct `dir` to be searched by `-Idir`:

icc -I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include 
icpc -I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include 

or

icc main.c -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk 
icpc main.cpp -isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk 

Where you should have already installed the command line tools in macOS by:

xcode-select --install

Taha77
Beginner

Hi and thanks for your guidance, but when I enter the following command I face this on terminal: 

icc: command line error: no files specified; for help type "icc -help"

and I don't have any idea what should I do.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Source file was missing. e.g $icc -c helloworld.c -O3

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Let us know if this is still an issue. Otherwise, we will close it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

We will no longer respond to this thread.  

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos