Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

catastrophic error: unable to obtain mapped memory (see pch_diag.txt)

ragster
Beginner
[Cross-posted on request]

I'm getting this error (with Windows XP Professional SP3 and Intel C++ Compiler 11.1.061 [IA-32])

I've looked for the pch_diag.txt - eventually did a full disk search - the file doesn't seem to exist.

I'm getting this error when I try to compile one our substantial libraries (Compiles under VS 2008 compiler OK, but was too large for the VS2005 - we had to split it then) - if I compile files one by one, they compile OK, if I try a general build, I get this error - not on the same file each time.

Having compiled each file, it then refuses to link (no error, just doesn't do anything.) If I try to build, it attempts to recompile - and I get the error again.

If there's anything I can send to help with diagnosing this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Richard
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ragster
[Cross-posted on request]

I'm getting this error (with Windows XP Professional SP3 and Intel C++ Compiler 11.1.061 [IA-32])

I've looked for the pch_diag.txt - eventually did a full disk search - the file doesn't seem to exist.

I'm getting this error when I try to compile one our substantial libraries (Compiles under VS 2008 compiler OK, but was too large for the VS2005 - we had to split it then) - if I compile files one by one, they compile OK, if I try a general build, I get this error - not on the same file each time.

Having compiled each file, it then refuses to link (no error, just doesn't do anything.) If I try to build, it attempts to recompile - and I get the error again.

If there's anything I can send to help with diagnosing this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Richard

Are you using the /YX (automatic pch option)? If so there is a known bug with multisrc compilation whenusing this
option which should be fixed in the first Intel Parallel Composer update.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
Adding /Qoption,cpp,--pch_control=4resolves the problem.
0 Kudos