Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

codecov in shared libraries

psn
Beginner
hello.
I don't manage to generate code coverage informations on my shared libraries.
Each one of my shared librarie .so is compiled with the options :
-prof_genx -prof_dir/home/toto/myprof_dir -prof_file libname
I used the same options for my executable compilation :
-prof_genx -prof_dir/home/toto/myprof_dir -prof_file my_exe
After the whole compilation, my directory /home/toto/myprof_dir contains a .spi file for each library and one for my executable.
ex : lib1.spi lib2.spi my_exe.spi
Then I run my executable (which uses each shared library). This creates a .dyn in my directory /home/toto/myprof_dir.
I merge dynamical informations with :
profmerge -prof_dpi my_dpi.dpi
There, my problem is that I have to choose with which .spi (lib1.spi, lib2.spi, my_exe.spi ?) I have torun codecov (for the -spi option).
If I choose my_exe.spi, the code coverage html pages, only show me the executable sources (with the correct coverage informations).
But if I choose a libN.spi, the code coverage html pages show me the considered lib sources, but without coverage informations. Every function is considered as uncovered.
How could I see the complete code coverage information ? For the executable, but also for my shared libraries ? Is it possible ?
Any help would be enjoyed ! Thanks in advance !
0 Kudos
3 Replies
psn
Beginner
Anybody knows ?
I'll try updating my version of icpc to the 9.0.027 to see if it fix the problem ... ???
Thanks for any help !
0 Kudos
psn
Beginner
Installing icc version 9.0.031 did not fix the problem :(
0 Kudos
Mohammad_H_Intel
Employee
You should use the .same spi file for all the code, i.e., exactly the same path and name. Once you have all the information in just one .spi file, codecov gives you the information about the entire project. You still can choose only a subset of code for coverage analysis through -comp option. For more information, lookpage 7 and 8 of:
- moh
0 Kudos