Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

cstdarg issues

tangouniform
Beginner
Good morning everyone,
I am running into an issue with the 11.0 compiler. I have been doing some oerformance testing on the itanium dedicated to my group and made some good advances in performance. I am now adding it to our integration build and am running into an issue I don't understand. The comipler is complaining about
error: identifier "__builtin_va_start" is undefined
I don't get this erroron my performance machine. The differences are in the gnu libraies. the machine that works has 4.1.2 while the one with 4.1.0 do not. The kernel versions are also different. the working machine has 2.6.16.46-0.12-default, while the one not working is using 2.6.16.21-0.8-default. am I looking in the right place for the culprit? Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I'm prepared to believe you have encountered a bug which could be fixed by upgrading from gcc 4.1.0 to 4.1.2. You might check gcc bugzilla, e.g.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=20983
0 Kudos
tangouniform
Beginner

tim, thank you for your vote of confidence... Sadly I found the issue and I can only bame myself :( I had included an errant library which caused the issue.

I apologize for waisting peoples time

Tango
0 Kudos