Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

d++ missing

Arnold_R_
Beginner

I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 and downloaded Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 for Linux.  When I try to install the software, I get an error indicating that the command d++ could not be found.  Do you know how I can address this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you mean g++/gcc-c++, you must install the C++ development system from the Ubuntu package install menu. If you are on 64-bit linux, and wish to install Intel ia32 (32-bit) compilers, you must also install 32-bit g++. These requirements should be explained in the installation notes (which you may not see until you have done a partial installation).
0 Kudos
Arnold_R_
Beginner
Thanks. I installed the build-essential package containing the c++ development system by entering the following on the terminal: sudo apt-get install build-essential
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
you need to install the g++. google on how to install g++ on ubuntu. Jennifer
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi, On Ubuntu, You can follow these steps:- 1. sudo apt-get update (If in user-mode) 2. sudo apt-get install build-essential --> shoule usually install the gcc & g++ packages also. 3. If not we can explicitly use "sudo apt-get install g++". Regards, Sukruth H V
0 Kudos
Arnold_R_
Beginner
I appreciate the responses from Intel. I issued a followup response on 10/25 indicating that I was successful in installing the build essential package using the command: sudo apt-get install build-essential. This corrected the problem I had in installing the Intel package on Ubuntu so from my perspective, this issue is closed.
0 Kudos