Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

.dyn files generated at compile time

vrodrig
Beginner
Hi all.

I'm using Intel compiler to measure code coverage on our project. However, when I compile our project with codecoverage option (-prof_genx), many many .dyn files are generated in the PROF_DIR.

Shouldn't the .dyn files be created only at run-time?

Anyone knows any reason that may be causing this?

Thanks,

Vitor

Message Edited by vrodrig@us.ibm.com on 12-09-2005 03:11 AM

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maximillia_D_Intel
That is my understanding - dyn files at runtime.
I do know -prof-genx will create .spi files at compile time. Any chance you are confusing the two (dyn vs. spi)? I have confirmed on a simple testcase using 9.0 with -prof_genx that no dyn file is created, but there is anspi filecreated.
Max
0 Kudos
vrodrig
Beginner
You are right. Only .spi file should be created at compile time.
I tested it with sample test and worked fine. But when I start compiling bigger projects, some .dyn files appear in the PROF_DIR.
When I compiled our entire project, there was hundreds of .dyn files in PROF_DIR when compilation process finished.

Message Edited by vrodrig@us.ibm.com on 12-09-2005 06:36 PM

0 Kudos
Ioannis_V_
Beginner

Is there any possibility that during the make procedure, you produce some executables that are then run as part of the make procedure? This is somethimes done in order to create a file that contains some parameters and is included afterwards in the source code.

Ioannis

0 Kudos
vrodrig
Beginner
maybe that what's hapenning. I will have to ask someone with more knowledge of the build process to see if that is really happening.
Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos