Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

eclipse integration problems

Jules_A_
Beginner

Hi,

I've been trying to use the Intel C++ compiler with Linux and eclipse. Regardless of what version of

eclipse I'm using, I still get an error when trying to create a new c++ project and try to review the Properties/C/C++ Build/Settings. I keep getting the same following error:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.NullPointerException

It works for gnu c++, but not for intel compiler.

Some specifics:

I_ccompxe_intel64_2013.1.117 successfully installed

running CentOS6.3

juno eclipse for parallel development (indigo doesnt work as well)

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Has anyone gotten the intel c++ compiler to successfully integrate into linux+eclipse? If so, could they please share how they were able to do it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gcbeck
Beginner
I have the exact same problem. GCC compiler doesn't give any problems accessing the C/C++ Build > Settings field in eclipse, but selection of the intel toolset causes the nullpointerexception and nothing shows up under the 'Tool Settings' tab.
0 Kudos
William_H_Intel3
Employee
Before starting Eclipse, users need to execute the Intel compiler environment setup script. From the problem descriptions, it sounds like you did not do that. Failing to run the setup script before starting Eclipse exposes a bug that was recently introduced in our integration which leads to the messy behavior you are seeing. The fix for that will be in the next update. Hope that helps, Bill.
0 Kudos
gcbeck
Beginner
Thanks Bill, you were exactly right. That was a stupid oversight and I should have figured it out myself, sorry.
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
Thanks Bill, that's correct. The compilervars.sh script has to be executed to get the environment set up for the intel compiler. Regards
0 Kudos
Jules_A_
Beginner
Thanks to all for their comments and suggestions! Indeed, after executing the appropriate scripts to set up the environments properly, it's now working properly. Specifically, I went to the directory where eclipse was installed, and execute the following: $ source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.1.117/bin/compilervars.sh intel64 $ ./eclipse Now eclipse launches and the build/settings page has intel compiler content.
0 Kudos