Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

eclipse intel c++ 14 64 compiler error

Maosi_C_
Beginner

I'm using eclipse v4.3.2 and the extension of Intel c++ compiler (v14, 64bit) in Fedora. I use -std=c++11 and __cplusplus=201103L in the project property. There is no error marked in my c++ source files. But when I "Build Project", I received more than 100 error messages similar to the following two:

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/move.h(57),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/stl_pair.h(59),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/stl_algobase.h(64),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/char_traits.h(39),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/ios(40),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/ostream(38),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/iostream(39),
                 from ../Source/StringParsing.h(6),
                 from ../Source/StringParsing.cpp(1):
/usr/include/c++/4.8.2/type_traits(464): error: space required between adjacent ">" delimiters of nested template argument lists (">>" is the right shift operator)
                     is_member_pointer<_Tp>, __is_nullptr_t<_Tp>>::type
                                                               ^

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/move.h(57),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/stl_pair.h(59),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/stl_algobase.h(64),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/char_traits.h(39),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/ios(40),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/ostream(38),
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/iostream(39),
                 from ../Source/StringParsing.h(6),
                 from ../Source/StringParsing.cpp(1):
/usr/include/c++/4.8.2/type_traits(576): error: space required between adjacent ">" delimiters of nested template argument lists (">>" is the right shift operator)
      : public __and_<is_arithmetic<_Tp>, __not_<is_signed<_Tp>>>::type
                                                              ^

What can I do to eliminate these errors? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi Maosi,

do you have the complete CDT build console error message? which should contains the actual command line options used? Something like below:

Untitled picture.png

You may try the same command line on a terminal and see whether it can reproduce the issue with your StringParsing.cpp file. If yes, send me the command line. I am wondering whether the issue is related to the options of compiler.

Thanks,

Shenghong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Shenghong_G_Intel

I cannot reproduce the issue with various compiler versions from v13 to v15... could you please provide more details of your compiler version with "icc -V".

$ cat temp.c
#include <iostream>
#include <type_traits>

struct A { int x; };

int main() {
  int A::* pt = &A::x;
  std::cout << std::boolalpha;
  std::cout << "is_member_pointer:" << std::endl;
  std::cout << "A*: " << std::is_member_pointer<A*>::value << std::endl;
  std::cout << "int A::*: " << std::is_member_pointer<int A::*>::value << std::endl;
  std::cout << "void(A::*)(): " << std::is_member_pointer<void(A::*)()>::value << std::endl;
  std::cout << "decltype(pt): " << std::is_member_pointer<decltype(pt)>::value << std::endl;
  return 0;
}
$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/opt/gcc-4.8.2/libexec/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.8.2/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.8.2/
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.2 (GCC)
$ icpc temp.c -std=c++11 -D__cplusplus=201103L
$ ./a.out
is_member_pointer:
A*: false
int A::*: true
void(A::*)(): true
decltype(pt): true
$

Thanks,

Shenghong

0 Kudos
Maosi_C_
Beginner

icc version 14.0.2 (gcc version 4.8.0 compatibility)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Maosi_C_
Beginner

sorry, icc -V gives the following:

Intel(R) C Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 14.0.2.144 Build 20140120

0 Kudos
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi Maosi,

could you please try the code I provided in my last reply and see whether it can reproduce your issue? It works on my platform, using gcc4.8.2.

$ icpc temp.c -std=c++11 -D__cplusplus=201103L
$ icc -V
Intel(R) C Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 14.0.2.144 Build 20140120
Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

$

If you can reproduce with above code, could you please send me the pre-processed file? (icc -E temp.c > out.i)

Thanks,

Shenghong

0 Kudos
Maosi_C_
Beginner

Shenghong, Thank you for your patient instruction.

There is no output for "icpc temp.c -std=c++11 -D__cplusplus=201103L". Can I assume temp.c be compiled correctly? There is a a.out file generated.

But when I executed "icc -E temp.c > out.i", the following two messages showed:

temp.c(1): error #2379: cannot open source file "iostream"
  #include <iostream>
                     ^

temp.c(2): error #2379: cannot open source file "type_traits"
  #include <type_traits>
                        ^

It did generate a "out.i" file, which I attached here (inside out.zip).

0 Kudos
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi Maosi,

yes, if there are no output, it looks like it compiles with the above test case. This is strange (it should hit the same header as the error you reported). Is it possible that you send me your project to have a look and see whether I can reproduce here?

If it works for you, sending me the pre-processed file cannot help. :( You get the "iostream" cannot be found issue, because you are using ICC to build a CPP file with ".c" file extension. You can build with "icpc" or change 'temp.c' to "temp.cpp".

Thanks,

Shenghong

0 Kudos
Maosi_C_
Beginner

Hi Shenghong,

You are right. No error message for the command:

% icpc -E -std=c++11 temp.c > out.txt

I tried the similar command on two of my real source files (StringParsing.cpp and StringParsing.h), no error message either:

% icc -E -std=c++11 -D__cplusplus=201103L StringParsing.cpp > SP1.txt

But, I got the error message from eclipse:

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi Maosi,

do you have the complete CDT build console error message? which should contains the actual command line options used? Something like below:

Untitled picture.png

You may try the same command line on a terminal and see whether it can reproduce the issue with your StringParsing.cpp file. If yes, send me the command line. I am wondering whether the issue is related to the options of compiler.

Thanks,

Shenghong

0 Kudos
Maosi_C_
Beginner

Shenghong,

I discarded the old project and recreate the project. This time some errors about "memcpy", "_chdir", and "_mkdir" in my source codes were marked in the eclipse. Once I added the correct header files, errors went away and the "Build Project" was successful. Sorry for the troubles. Thanks again.

The console output for my last "Build Project".

10:14:50 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project DS_SS_TR_eclipse ****
Info: Configuration "Release" uses tool-chain "Intel Toolchain for Executable on Intel(R) 64" that is unsupported on this system, attempting to build anyway.
make -k all
Building file: ../Source/DC_ObjFunc.cpp
Invoking: Intel Intel(R) 64 C++ Compiler
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/DC_ObjFunc.d" -MT"Source/DC_ObjFunc.d" -c -o "Source/DC_ObjFunc.o" "../Source/DC_ObjFunc.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/DC_ObjFunc.cpp

Building file: ../Source/DC_SS_TR_main.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/DC_SS_TR_main.d" -MT"Source/DC_SS_TR_main.d" -c -o "Source/DC_SS_TR_main.o" "../Source/DC_SS_TR_main.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/DC_SS_TR_main.cpp

Building file: ../Source/DC_TR_solver.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/DC_TR_solver.d" -MT"Source/DC_TR_solver.d" -c -o "Source/DC_TR_solver.o" "../Source/DC_TR_solver.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/DC_TR_solver.cpp

Building file: ../Source/DC_common.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/DC_common.d" -MT"Source/DC_common.d" -c -o "Source/DC_common.o" "../Source/DC_common.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/DC_common.cpp

Building file: ../Source/DC_scatter_search.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/DC_scatter_search.d" -MT"Source/DC_scatter_search.d" -c -o "Source/DC_scatter_search.o" "../Source/DC_scatter_search.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/DC_scatter_search.cpp

Building file: ../Source/DC_thread_call.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/DC_thread_call.d" -MT"Source/DC_thread_call.d" -c -o "Source/DC_thread_call.o" "../Source/DC_thread_call.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/DC_thread_call.cpp

Building file: ../Source/Global_Variables_DC_common.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/Global_Variables_DC_common.d" -MT"Source/Global_Variables_DC_common.d" -c -o "Source/Global_Variables_DC_common.o" "../Source/Global_Variables_DC_common.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/Global_Variables_DC_common.cpp

Building file: ../Source/Global_Variables_mutex.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/Global_Variables_mutex.d" -MT"Source/Global_Variables_mutex.d" -c -o "Source/Global_Variables_mutex.o" "../Source/Global_Variables_mutex.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/Global_Variables_mutex.cpp

Building file: ../Source/Global_Variables_optimization.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/Global_Variables_optimization.d" -MT"Source/Global_Variables_optimization.d" -c -o "Source/Global_Variables_optimization.o" "../Source/Global_Variables_optimization.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/Global_Variables_optimization.cpp

Building file: ../Source/ReadInitialParameters.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/ReadInitialParameters.d" -MT"Source/ReadInitialParameters.d" -c -o "Source/ReadInitialParameters.o" "../Source/ReadInitialParameters.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/ReadInitialParameters.cpp

Building file: ../Source/StringParsing.cpp
icpc -std=c++11 -mkl=parallel -D__cplusplus=201103L -MMD -MP -MF"Source/StringParsing.d" -MT"Source/StringParsing.d" -c -o "Source/StringParsing.o" "../Source/StringParsing.cpp"
Finished building: ../Source/StringParsing.cpp

Building target: DS_SS_TR_eclipse
Invoking: Intel Intel(R) 64 C++ Linker
icpc -mkl=parallel -o "DS_SS_TR_eclipse"  ./Source/DC_ObjFunc.o ./Source/DC_SS_TR_main.o ./Source/DC_TR_solver.o ./Source/DC_common.o ./Source/DC_scatter_search.o ./Source/DC_thread_call.o ./Source/Global_Variables_DC_common.o ./Source/Global_Variables_mutex.o ./Source/Global_Variables_optimization.o ./Source/ReadInitialParameters.o ./Source/StringParsing.o   
Finished building target: DS_SS_TR_eclipse

10:15:05 Build Finished (took 14s.742ms)

0 Kudos