Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

equivalent to -ftree-vectorizer-verbose=6 ?

Azua_Garcia__Giovann
Hello,

Can anyone please provide the equivalent to the gcc flag "-ftree-vectorizer-verbose=6" but using icc?

Basically I want to see during compilation which loops are not vectorized and why.

Many TIA,
Best regards,
Giovanni
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello Giovanni,

did you try -vec-report where n is a value denoting which diagnostic messages to report. Possible values are:

• 0: Tells the vectorizer to report no diagnostic information.
  • 1: Tells the vectorizer to report on vectorized loops.
  • 2: Tells the vectorizer to report on vectorized and non-vectorized loops.
  • 3: Tells the vectorizer to report on vectorized and non-vectorized loops and any proven or assumed data dependences.
  • 4: Tells the vectorizer to report on non-vectorized loops.
  • 5: Tells the vectorizer to report on non-vectorized loops and the reason why they were not vectorized.

So, -vec-report4 or -vec-report5 might be what you want. Please let us know whether it's suitable for you.

Regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos
Azua_Garcia__Giovann
Hi Georg,

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

The underlying problem I trying to solve is well 1) see what loops are not being vectorized but also would like to provide a very generic interface for sorting (similar to those in ) but without losing vectorization possibilities. I started the question on this via StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11614758/special-sorting-algorithm-and-generic-signature

Best regards,
Giovanni
0 Kudos