Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

error #10106, terminated by bus error on OS X

chrissoundtoys_com
Evaluating icc on OS X 10.6, I get this error:

icc: error #10106: Fatal error in /Developer/usr/bin/icc-2011-base/bin/ia32/mcpcom, terminated by bus error

on a single file (out of hundreds). Unfortunately it's a core file that I can't temporarily remove. Is this a bug in the compiler (bad memory access) or is there something I can do to remedy this? No idea why the OS would kill the *compiler* otherwise.

Sorry if this information is elsewhere, I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything.

And I can't include code since it's proprietary - except to say that this code compiles fine using gcc.

Thanks!
Chris
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dale_S_Intel
Employee
Are you using the command line (make or similar) or Xcode GUI?
Have you tried de-optimizing that one file to see if that makes a difference? If this is on the command line you could also try building that file with gcc. Unfortunately the Xcode GUI doesn't allow an easy way to do that (select compilers on a file-by-file basis).
You can also securely submit code examples by submitting an issue at premier.intel.com. Let me know if you want to try that.
Dale
0 Kudos