Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

error #11035: Fatal error cannot open lib

r4dium
Beginner
I was using boost filesystem lib under VS2008 V9.0, everything was fine.
The .lib fileI linked with via VS2008 Linker was libboost_filesystem-vc90-mt-1_35.libwhich I installed
through the win32-installer package from the boosthomepage.
Then I installed the Intel C++ Compiler together withthe VS2008 integration and converted the VS2008 project to an
Intel C++ project.
The following error message appeared after trying to build:
Error619 error #11035: Fatal error cannot open libboost_filesystem-iw-mt-1_35.lib ipo
Error620 error error_during_IPO_compilation: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)xilink

The *.lib path is set in the global Tools->Options->IntelC++ as well as in the project itself.
I am using the ICC Evaluation version.
Whats going on here, how can I fix this issue.

Regards
R4DIUM
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JenniferJ
It's because the boost libs are not build with IntelC.

It is ok to use the VC build lib with IntelC's lib. You just need to modify the following line in boost "configauto_link.hpp" -- change "iw" to "vc90" because you're using VS2008.

#elif defined(__ICL)

// Intel C++, no version number:
# define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "iw"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If your ICL is integrated into VS2008, it ought to be possible to link against the same .lib as you used with VC9. Do you have the exact name of the actual .lib in the dependencies list? If you chose an older version of ICL, you should make sure that it is building everything with /MT options. I would assume you have at least ICL 10.1, or you would have difficulty with VS2008 integration.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
It's because the boost libs are not build with IntelC.

It is ok to use the VC build lib with IntelC's lib. You just need to modify the following line in boost "configauto_link.hpp" -- change "iw" to "vc90" because you're using VS2008.

#elif defined(__ICL)

// Intel C++, no version number:
# define BOOST_LIB_TOOLSET "iw"
0 Kudos