Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

error: Object pointed by an 'auto_ptr' is destroyed using operator 'delete'.

Cheng__Ming
Beginner

/opt/intel/system_studio_2019/bin/icpc -rdynamic -std=c++17 -g -fpic -fno-strict-aliasing -rdynamic -I./include -I/fs02/home/jenkins/workspace/Rel-15-1-54_INTEL/include -I/fs02/home/jenkins/workspace/Rel-15-1-54_INTEL/cbase/include -I/fs02/home/jenkins/workspace/Rel-15-1-54_INTEL/msg/include -I/fs02/home/jenkins/workspace/Rel-15-1-54_INTEL/utl/include -I/fs02/home/jenkins/workspace/Rel-15-1-54_INTEL/sock/include -I/fs02/home/jenkins/workspace/Rel-15-1-54_INTEL/utils/include -IopensslMarker -Wreturn-type -Wno-deprecated -Wall -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -wd858 -Werror -O2 -DPLATFORM_AS3 -DPLATFORM_AS4 -DPLATFORM_AS5 -DPLATFORM_AS5_64 -DPLATFORM_AS6 -DPLATFORM_AS6_64 -DPLATFORM_AS7 -DUSE_FLEX_ONE_API -DFOR_UNIX -DFOR_LINUX -DFOR_DONGLE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DUSE_NSS -DUSE_GTK -Dft_ext_h_ -D__STL_PTHREADS -DRMS_US_RELEASE -DUSEOLDDEPTHSYM -DUSELONGEXECTAGS -D_REENTRANT -c CHtmlConn.cpp -o AS7/CHtmlConn.o

CRemoteFile.cpp:590: warning: Possible null pointer dereference: output

CRemoteFile.cpp:597: error: Object pointed by an 'auto_ptr' is destroyed using operator 'delete'. You should not use 'auto_ptr' for pointers obtained with operator 'new[]'.

This is my old lib file and I am not supposed to change the code to get rid of auto_ptr. Is there any way to keep auto_ptr and continue? Or should I use C++14 for example.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Viet_H_Intel

I would suggest to change the code if you want to use C++17

0 Kudos