Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

error code 3 ( can't write file, out of disk, etc.) opening pdb

krakaw
Beginner

When building the project XercesLib.vcproj found under "xerces-c-3.1.1/projects/Win32/VC9/xerces-all/XercesLib" in the source archive "xerces-c-3.1.1.zip" downloadable from the page at:
http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi

the error "error code 3 ( can't write file, out of disk, etc.) opening pdb" is reported.

Environment:
Intel® C++ Composer XE 2011 Update 12 Package ID: w_ccompxe_2011.13.371
in
Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM

Output:
1>------ Build started: Project: XercesLib, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Performing Custom Build Step (Microsoft VC++ Environment)
1>copy "d:\xerces-c-3.1.1\src\xercesc\util\Xerces_autoconf_config.msvc.hpp" "d:\xerces-c-3.1.1\src\xercesc\util\Xerces_autoconf_config.hpp"
1> 1 file(s) copied.
1>Compiling resources... (Microsoft VC++ Environment)
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
1>
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1>
1>Compiling with Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE 12.1.7.371 [IA-32]... (Intel C++ Environment)
1>XIncludeUtils.cpp
1>XIncludeLocation.cpp
1>XIncludeDOMDocumentProcessor.cpp
1>XercesXPath.cpp
1>error code 3 ( can't write file, out of disk, etc.) opening pdb .\..\..\..\..\..\Build\Win32\VC9\Debug\obj\XercesLib\XercesLib_vc90\vc90.pdb
1>error code 3 ( can't write file, out of disk, etc.) opening pdb .\..\..\..\..\..\Build\Win32\VC9\Debug\obj\XercesLib\XercesLib_vc90\vc90.pdb
1>error code 3 ( can't write file, out of disk, etc.) opening pdb .\..\..\..\..\..\Build\WiXPathSymbols.cpp

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bernaske
New Contributor I
Hi i can't identifiy your problem, i have compile xerces-c-3.1.1 ( latest release ) with the new Intel ParallelStudio XE 2013 Update 1 (c/++ compiler 13.0.1 ) under openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 linux with kernel 3.6.7 without any problems. i'm not a windows user, but i think check your windows developing environment settinga or better tested with the parallstudio xe 2013
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890
hello, There might be different problems causing vc90.pdb to lock: you have a parallel build in the same folder (most often), you are debugging the library in this folder, etc. The fastest way to check - delete vc90.pdb manually and rebuild. --Vladimir
0 Kudos
krakaw
Beginner
Vladimir Polin (Intel) wrote:

The fastest way to check - delete vc90.pdb manually and rebuild.

Manually creating the directory "XercesLib_vc90" causes the error to disappear. The absence of the directory seems to correspond with the error code 3 (ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND). However it is not clear why the directory is not being created.
0 Kudos