Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

error: unable to obtain mapped memory (see pch_diag.txt)

Mark_Roden
Beginner

Hi,

I'm compiling a project which has compiled previously on XP just fine. I synced via source control to a vista machine, and have tried on both compiler version 10.1.0.025 and 11.0.0.066 (maybe I have too many zeros in there). This is on vs2008 sp1 on vista.

I get this error, always:

What does that mean? How can I fix it? There is no pch_diag.txt that I can find.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mark_Roden
Beginner
Quoting - Mark Roden

Hi,

I'm compiling a project which has compiled previously on XP just fine. I synced via source control to a vista machine, and have tried on both compiler version 10.1.0.025 and 11.0.0.066 (maybe I have too many zeros in there). This is on vs2008 sp1 on vista.

What does that mean? How can I fix it? There is no pch_diag.txt that I can find.

Thanks!

The answer: set icl to xp sp 2 compatibility mode.

Seems a bit weak, but there it is.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
On the system you got the error, could you attach the pch_diag.txt file here? So we could verify and will try to see if a new option would help.

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
whmoweryjr
Beginner
Quoting - Mark Roden

Hi,

Thanks!

My vista won't let me set compatability mode for intel compiler at all.

WHMoweryJr@yahoo.com
0 Kudos
whmoweryjr
Beginner
Quoting - Mark Roden

Hi,

Thanks!

My vista won't let me set compatability mode for intel compiler at all.

WHMoweryJr@yahoo.com

Also removing /YX switches get rid of this error...
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Update to this issue. This is now fixed in the 11.1.054 (update 4) or newer.

To download latest Compiler update:visit Registration Centeror Eval Center

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos