Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7954 Discussions

icc-10.1.13 - problem compiling tcl8.4.13/tk8.4.13

avassilicos
Beginner
Two questions:

1. icc fails during "make" of tcl8.4.13 with "ld: cannot find -ltcl18.4". It appears that icc does build the static libraries. I set "CFLAGS=-O -static" prior to make. I have compiler these before with GNU gcc without problems.

2. I am not happy that icc has become the default CC in my system, overriding GNU gcc. I have gcc and pgcc already installed and wanted to have control over what compiler to use. I was able to do this with gcc and pgcc prior to installation of icc. Setting CC=gcc does not seem to override icc. How can I override icc with gcc?

Here are some system stuff:
2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Tue Feb 19 07:18:46 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_6
gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)
GNU C Library stable release version 2.5

Thanks for any help,
Achilles
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
icc can't even run without gcc being visible. When you make an installation of icc using default options, icc won't be visible until you run the iccvars script or take some other action to add it to PATH.
Likely explanations for icc taking priority would be that you installed it in a directory on the standard paths, or that you added iccvars to your login scripts. If such is the case, you should be able to undo it yourself.
0 Kudos