Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icc 8 corrupts gcc?

bryanashby
Beginner
All,

I am working on a project using wxWidgets cross platform library. In order to reduce size & increase optimization of my binaries I have tried using the icc 8 compiler (linux). It installed fine and I was able to compile some projects in order to eval the compiler. Unfortunately, my gcc compiler has not worked ever since installing this thing. I get errors when attempting to compile. Nothing has changed at all other than I installed the icc 8 compiler. Here is one of the errors I get (this one is when trying to do a make on my wxWidget libs):

In file included from /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28,
from /usr/include/signal.h:326,
from ../src/common/appbase.cpp:43:
/ usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h:79: error: syntax error before `*' token
make: *** [basedll_appbase.o] Error 1

I have tried removing the compiler but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan Ashby
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bryanashby
Beginner
Ok I figured it out -- a few files from glibc-devel-2.3.3-10mdk.rpm had been removed. I'm not sure how this happened, as like I said all I did was install the icc 8 compiler. I will try again and report back if the issue continues.

Thanks again,

Bryan Ashby
0 Kudos
Maximillia_D_Intel
Dear Bryan,
This is good to hear. As far as I know, our installation and compiler do not attempt to write anything outside of the standard /opt/intel_cc_80 directory. We of course rely on headers and libraries outside of our compiler directories, but for read only purposes.
Thanks,
Max
0 Kudos