Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icc: error #10236: File not found: '(ICC)'

andyluoms
Beginner

I use Intel? C++ Studio XE 2011 for Linux* OS to compile Linux Kernel (version:2.6.32.12-0.7) in intel64 ,I get the following error:

icc: error #10236: File not found:  '(ICC)'
icc: error #10236: File not found:  '12.0.0'
icc: error #10236: File not found:  '20101006'

at last
make[1]: *** [kdb/kdbmain.o] Error 1
make: *** [kdb] Error 2

the version is : icc (ICC) 12.0.0 20101006

Any ideas on how I can remedy this ?

Thanks!

Andy

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi, Could you please let me know the command line and the options that you used for the build. Could you also confirm, that this isssue can been seen with the normal compile and run of simple programs lets say "Hello world" using ICC compiler? Regards, Sukruth H V
0 Kudos
andyluoms
Beginner
Use the command line: make CC=kicc HOSTCC=kicc LD=xild AR=xiar V=1 bzImage to make image. the kicc follow: ########################kicc #!/bin/sh #-------------------------------------------------------- # Kernel icc # This is a wraper around icc to be compatible with gcc for kernel build #-------------------------------------------------------- ARGS=$@ #Add "-gcc" in the prevention of icc.cfg have "-no-gcc" ICCARGS="-fno-builtin -gcc" if [ -z "$ICC" ];then ICC=icc fi if [ -z "$GCC"];then GCC=gcc fi for ARG in $@ do case $ARG in -fno-stack-protector ) ICCARGS="$ICCARGS -fno-stack-security-check" ;; #-march=* ) # ICCARGS="$ICCARGS -xN -axN" # ;; -O2| -O3) ICCARGS="$ICCARGS -O2" ;; -v ) $ICC --version 2>&1 | grep "icc" exit 0 ;; */boot/* ) $GCC $ARGS exit $? ;; #ignore these gcc options -fno-unit-at-a-time | -fno-inline | -g | -gstabs | -maccumulate-outgoing-args|-mno-3dnow|-mno-mmx|-mno-sse|-mno-sse2|-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2|-msoft-float|-nostdinc|-pipe|-Wall|-Wno-pointer-sign) ;; *) ICCARGS="$ICCARGS $ARG" ;; esac done $ICC $ICCARGS exit $? EOF Thanks! Andy
0 Kudos
andyluoms
Beginner
Other question,I setup icc in virtual machine,run icc test.c,get the follow error: ": internal error: backend signals icc: error #10106: Fatal error in /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.1.117/bin/intel64/mcpcom, terminated by segmentation violation compilation aborted for /home/lsy/test.c (code 1) Any ideas? Thanks! Andy
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi, Could you please let me know what is the content of test.c? Also can you let me know the OS you have installed on the Virtual machine? Did you see any error while installing the Composer XE package? Regards, Sukruth H V
0 Kudos
andyluoms
Beginner
Hi, The test.c is simple : int main(void) { printf("hello icc!\n"); return 0; } The same version of icc installed on Virtual machine and Physical machine,but on the Physical machine has no the follow errors: ############################## ": internal error: backend signals icc: error #10106: Fatal error in /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.1.117/bin/intel64/mcpcom, terminated by segmentation violation compilation aborted for /home/lsy/test.c (code 1) ############################## OS version: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) VERSION = 11 PATCHLEVEL = 1 Linux ctucipjslx032 2.6.32.12-0.7-default #1 SMP 2010-05-20 11:14:20 +0200 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux Thanks! Andy
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi, I see that the support for the SUS Linux Enterprise Server 11 has been dropped. Please see the following link about the OS not supported http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-composer-xe-2013-for-linux-initial-release. Also i suggest you to check carefully, Whether you will see any errors while installing the Compiler on the OS installed on Virtual machine. Regards, Sukruth H V
0 Kudos
andyluoms
Beginner
Where can I get the documents for compile linux kernel using icc? Thanks! Andy
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
According to that reference, SLES11 SP2 is supported by current icc. Earlier SP is not supported, although it may work to some extent.
0 Kudos