Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icc: error #10295: error generating temporary file name, check disk space and permissions

Anchal_T_
Beginner

Hi ,

I was evaluating trial version of "parallel_studio_xe_2016_composer_edition_for_cpp_update2 (1).tgz". I installed the package as root in defualt location - "/opt/intel"

I have sourced the env by invoking - source /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/bin/compilervars.csh intel64

But i am getting the error "icc: error #10295: error generating temporary file name, check disk space and permissions"

Please help !

Thanks,

Anchal

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Anchal,
The probable cause is that your /tmp and /home directory may be out of disk space. Check to ensure there's sufficient storage space for all the generation of files by the installer.  Let me know if that resolves your issue, thanks.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
Anchal_T_
Beginner

Hi ,

Disk space is as follows /tmp folder :

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3              46G   33G   11G  76% /

Do not see a problem there.

Thanks,

Anchal

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

If by chance you are trying to build one of the sample files, then you should be aware that the sample files may be located in a read only folder. IOW copy these out of the distribution folder into your workspace folder, then build from there.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Thanks Jim, that could be the reason as well (installed as root and may be running as user in those directories having root permission read/execute permissions only). 

Hi Anchal,
Can you check the above and if you're running samples ensure you've permissions to execute and write as well?
Thanks,
Kittur

0 Kudos