Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icc: error #10310

wwzhdo
Beginner
Recently I downloaded free evaluation intel compiler and installed it on Ubuntu 9, installation was sucessful, however, when I ran the compiler, I got the following error,

ubuntu01:~$ /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/bin/ia32/icc
icc: error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing: WARNING: Enable Trusted Storage failed (flexnet error code 2). Trusted Storage based license could

How to solve this problem? Thank!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Could you please try:
source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/bin/ia32/iccvars_ia32.sh
and then type icc to see if the problem is resolved.
Thanks.
-Yang

In fact, in case the licensing depends on an environment variable setting which ought to be in the script, this looks like the right idea. However, the normal way, source /opt/intel/Compiler.11.1/046/bin/iccvars.sh ia32, should be preferred.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yang_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - wwzhdo
Recently I downloaded free evaluation intel compiler and installed it on Ubuntu 9, installation was sucessful, however, when I ran the compiler, I got the following error,

ubuntu01:~$ /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/bin/ia32/icc
icc: error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing: WARNING: Enable Trusted Storage failed (flexnet error code 2). Trusted Storage based license could

How to solve this problem? Thank!

Could you please try:
Thanks.
-Yang

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Could you please try:
Thanks.
-Yang

In fact, in case the licensing depends on an environment variable setting which ought to be in the script, this looks like the right idea. However, the normal way, source /opt/intel/Compiler.11.1/046/bin/iccvars.sh ia32, should be preferred.
0 Kudos
wwzhdo
Beginner
Quoting - tim18

Thanks! it solved the problem. I should run this script right after I findish installation.
Another question, looke like icc needs libstdc++.so.5
error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have libstdc++.so.6 installed on this ubuntu 9 machine? Shall I install libstdc++.so.6 or is there any other way to solve it?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The best way is to add libstdc++.so.5, if it's available as an option for the distro. If not, there's a chance a symlink may work. Ron Green has a guide for Ubuntu installation at the top of the Fortran linux forum:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-compilers-for-linux-with-ubuntu/
0 Kudos