Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icc error -cxxlib-gcc

Dny
Beginner
I'm getting same error for icc .

icc MatMul2D.cpp
icc: error #10149: option '-cxxlib-gcc' not supported with the current installed GCC

Following are my gcc and g++ version , but the versions are same so who to fix this error.
gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.2.4
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 4.2.4

ICC version
icc -V
Intel C Intel 64 Compiler Professional for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.0 Build 20081105 Package ID: l_cproc_p_11.0.074
Copyright (C) 1985-2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY

could anyone tell me who to resolve this error?

Thanking you,

Regards,
Digambar
0 Kudos
6 Replies
aazue
New Contributor I
Quoting - Dny

icc MatMul2D.cpp
icc: error #10149: option '-cxxlib-gcc' not supported with the current installed GCC

Following are my gcc and g++ version , but the versions are same so who to fix this error.
gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.2.4

g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 4.2.4

ICC version
icc -V
Intel C Intel 64 Compiler Professional for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.0 Build 20081105 Package ID: l_cproc_p_11.0.074

Thanking you,

Regards,
Digambar

Hi
Use this command
gcc -v
You can see if you having all options builded in GNU compiler

Example command resulting

Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Debian 4.3.2-1.1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.3 --program-suffix=-4.3 --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-objc-gc --enable-mpfr --enable-targets=all --enable-cld --enable-checking=release --build=i486-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-gnu --target=i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1)

Best regards
0 Kudos
Dny
Beginner
Quoting - bustaf

Hi
Use this command
gcc -v
You can see if you having all options builded in GNU compiler

Example command resulting

Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Debian 4.3.2-1.1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.3 --program-suffix=-4.3 --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-objc-gc --enable-mpfr --enable-targets=all --enable-cld --enable-checking=release --build=i486-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-gnu --target=i486-linux-gnu
gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1)

Best regards

Hi,
Thanks for your reoly ,

The output of gccc -v is following

Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/app/gcc4.2/
gcc version 4.2.4

I think it may be issue of compatibility of icc 11.0.074 and gcc 4.2.

Thanks,

Regards,
Dny
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - Dny

I think it may be issue of compatibility of icc 11.0.074 and gcc 4.2.

Unlikely. As previous posts told you, icpc for Intel64 never supported the option cxxlib-gcc. There never was any option to change to a C++ library other than the one provided by gcc. Prior to 11.0, icpc ignored this option; now it rejects it, so it must not be set anywhere in your build setup.
We have seen this message provoked at installation by problems with the g++ installation. You might argue that it's a bug when this message comes out as a result of a different problem.
If your project doesn't build correctly with g++, on account of such a problem, you must correct that.
0 Kudos
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - Dny

icc MatMul2D.cpp

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.2.4

g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 4.2.4

ICC version
icc -V

Thanking you,

Regards,
Digambar

Hello,

Your GNU C & C++ compilers haven't been installed properly. Try installing fresh GNU Compiler Toolchain (GCC - 4.4, Binutils-2.18.50.0.9, & Glibc-2.7)

Please follow below steps -

1. Install first MPFR (http://www.mpfr.org/)followed byGMP (http://gmplib.org/).
2. Try Installing Binutils as - http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/devel/binutils/ . While configuring Binutils, try referring PATH of MPFR & GMP both with Binutils installation.
3. Install GNU compilers (v4.4) from http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html . Do include MPFR & GMP too.
4. Related to glibc either you can install or refer the link in /usr/lib64 folder forglibc libraries.

Follow above properly, your problem will be 100% resolved. Above successful GNU Toolchain installation shouldn't take more than 1.0 - 1.5 hours.

~BR
Mukkaysh Srivastav
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - srimks

Hello,

Your GNU C & C++ compilers haven't been installed properly. Try installing fresh GNU Compiler Toolchain (GCC - 4.4, Binutils-2.18.50.0.9, & Glibc-2.7)

Please follow below steps -

1. Install first MPFR (http://www.mpfr.org/)followed byGMP (http://gmplib.org/).
2. Try Installing Binutils as - http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/devel/binutils/ . While configuring Binutils, try referring PATH of MPFR & GMP both with Binutils installation.
3. Install GNU compilers (v4.4) from http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html . Do include MPFR & GMP too.

I agree that the message may show a problem with the active g++ installation.
I haven't had much luck with binutils 2.18.50. If your distro doesn't provide a satisfactory one, I would prefer a current version from that site.
I doubt that glibc-2.7 is a worth while path, unless it is supported by your distro. If glibc-2.5 works with your g++, it should be no problem with icpc. I agree that 2.6 ought to help with upgrading gcc beyond what your distro supplies, but that shouldn't be necessary for icpc.
0 Kudos
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - tim18
I agree that the message may show a problem with the active g++ installation.
I haven't had much luck with binutils 2.18.50. If your distro doesn't provide a satisfactory one, I would prefer a current version from that site.
I doubt that glibc-2.7 is a worth while path, unless it is supported by your distro. If glibc-2.5 works with your g++, it should be no problem with icpc. I agree that 2.6 ought to help with upgrading gcc beyond what your distro supplies, but that shouldn't be necessary for icpc.
Please don't make things complex, you can also try what I have suggested without missng any steps. It will be 100% successful, let me know the error messages if you have any?

~BR
0 Kudos