Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

icc internal error 0_1733 while compiling kernel 2.6.14.6(noarch)

raspberryswirl
Beginner
Hi!

while compiling linux kernel 2.6.14.6:

icc -m32 -Wp,-MD,init/.do_mounts.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-slackware-linux/3.3.4/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffreestanding -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -msoft-float -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-unit-at-a-time -march=i686 -mtune=pentium2 -Iinclude/asm-i386/mach-default -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -DKBUILD_BASENAME=do_mounts -DKBUILD_MODNAME=mounts -c -o init/do_mounts.o init/do_mounts.c

[some warnings]

init/do_mounts.c(342): (col. 2)internal error: 0_1733

compilation aborted for init/do_mounts.c (code 4)
make[1]: *** [init/do_mounts.o] Error 4
make: *** [init] Error 2

where line 342 is: va_end(args);

is this a collision error or what does it mean?
TIA,
jonathan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maximillia_D_Intel
Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean by collision error.
The internal error indicates that the compiler crashed while attempting to compile. I suggest creating a preprocessed file that reproduces the problem and submitting the issue to premier support as a bug report. This will be the fastest path to having our team look at and see what can be done.
Regards,
Max
0 Kudos
Otto_B_Intel
Employee

Those warnings you removed where the interesting ones. It indicated a problem with va_start, va_arg and va_end. I know what is causing this (the -isystem /path/to/some/gcc/specific/header/directory/) but I am not sure if it is ok to just leave it out. Go ahead and remove it from the command line and then report back. You probably have to remove them from the Makefile and start from scratch.

Hope this helps,

Otto

0 Kudos