Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icc_standard_classes

acar
Beginner
I'm out of forum here as I generally program in Intel Visual Fortran. However I am having a problem with a C/C++ routine and wonder if any one has any experience or advice on this. My application uses dialogs and I am finding that as built the dialogs have the old or perhaps 'classic' windows style. To remedy this I've followed microsoft's advice by; creating a special manifest for my application copied directly from the example, adding it the source structure of my application, adding the CREATEPROCESS.... line to my resource file and making a call to initcommoncontrolsex at beginning of my application. In this call I have tried setting ICC_WIN95_CLASSES and there was no noticable change to the way the dialogs looked when I ran the application. I also tried ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES but this won't compile as this parameter is not defined. The other options seem to compile but don't appear relevent to my dialog issue. There seems plenty of people on the www who have had problems with this but I can't find a solution. I'd be really grateful for any help with this. Thanks, ACAR.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JenniferJ

Sorry I don't understand. why do you need to add "ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES"?

Jennifer

0 Kudos
acar
Beginner
Well I'm not really sure how to get the dialogs to invoke in the correct style so I presume I need to set the initcommoncontrolex to something and as ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES seems to be the only option that has anything to do with my dialog buttons (the others are to do with list boxes, progress bars etc) I tried this. Do you know whether I'm on the right track or how I might get the modern style dialog buttons? Angus.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Attached is a mfc-dlg example. to use Intel C++, right click on the project-name, select "Intel C++ Composer->Use Intel C++".

Jennifer
0 Kudos
acar
Beginner
Jennifer, Thanks for your help. I downloaded the projecy you sent and found that I needed to upgrade my VS2008 with SP1 so that afxcontrolbars.h could be found. That took ages!! The project then compiled and I looked at the resulting window and buttons that appeared. They are as is happening with my application, i.e. they are the basic flat type with no mouse-over indication. However, I do find that when I replace ICC_WIN95_CLASSES with ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES it does compile so that issue is fixed. However this change made no difference to the dialog buttons which are still flat. Do you know how I might change the window style?
0 Kudos