Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

icl: error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing

Michael_Johanson
Beginner

Hey guys,

I downloaded a 30-day trial version of the Intel C++ 64 compiler professional version 11.1.048. I am running Windows 7 and have MS Visual Studio 2008 installed. When I try to use icl, I receive the following error:

icl: error #10310: Failed to enable trusted storage check for licensing: WARNING

: Enable Trusted Storage failed (flexnet error code 20). Trusted Storage based license could [cuts off here[

I have ran iclvars.bat and ifortvars.bat (for the Intel Fortran Compiler), however this doesn't affect the issue.

I have looked on the forums and saw that someone suggested to:

"save the .lic file to \common files\intel\licenses directory and set the env-var "INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=\Intel\Licenses"."

However I don't have a .lic file, and the Licenses folder is empty. I would assume this to be the case since it is a trial version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Thanks buds~

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Your license file should have been attached to the e-mail which acknowledged your trial request and gave you access to download. With an internet connection, entering the serial key at installation request should cause the license file to be replicated, provided that you logged in as administrator before installing.
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee

Thank You
Shamla
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Greetings,

Seems like you read the article and the workaround didn't help. Sorry about that.

We are trying to figure out the rootcause of the issue and we would really appreciate any information you give us to help us resolve the issue.

You are using the compiler from the command prompt, Am I right?
Does it work from Visual Studio environment?

Can you cut and paste the command window contents in here?

Also is the Microsoft batch file run to set the Visual Studio path?

What is the architecture of the system?

What license files do you see under Program FilesCommon FilesIntelLicenses
//Please replace some characters of the license file name with XXXXX

I have send you the license file. Does copying the license file to the default folder mentioned above help.

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Greetings again,

Will you be interested in a web meeting with our development team, so that they can look at the issue and learn more about the same.

It will be a 15 to 30 minute meeting.

Thanks
Shamla

0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Greetings,

After some investigation, we have a workaround for you.

Root cause: Service FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 can not be installed by non-administrator users on Windows 7.

Workaround: Run Intel 64 icl as administrator once.

Steps:
1.Go to start->All Programs->Intel Software Development Tools->Intel C++ Compiler Professional 11.1.048->C++ Build Environment for application running on Intel 64
2. run command: runas /user:administrator "icl /v"

You will be prompted to input administrators password. This step will trigger icl to install the Windows service FLEXnet Licensing Service 64. The installation will complete successbully because it is ran as administrator.

Let us know if this fixes the issue you are experiencing.

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos