Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

icl: internal error: Assertion failed (shared/driver/drvutils.c, line 444) from Visual Studio 2005 IDE

mfoglema
Beginner
Hi,

I am trying to selectively build a project using icl in a larger solution, the remainder of which was built with Visual Studio 2005. I installed the Visual Studio SDK and set the environment variables listed in iclvars.bat but keep running into the assertion mentioned in the subject. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mfoglema
Beginner
I should have mentioned that I'm using 10.1.021
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
As a general rule, any internal error is a bug which should be reported in a problem report. Meanwhile, you could try to find a work-around by splitting your code into smaller compilation units, or using less aggressive compiler options.
As the IPO/WPO options of Microsoft and Intel C aren't compatible, you must shut them off by /GL- (or equivalent) for both compilers.
0 Kudos
mfoglema
Beginner
Actually I have neither IPO enabled on my Intel project or WPO enabled on any of the MS projects. Also, I am able to copy the command line output given in the project property page to the command line and build succesfully there so I don't believe this is an optimization flag issue but rather a Visual Studio integration issue. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos