Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
7568 Discussions

icpc 19.0.4.233 not working with MacOS XCode 10.3 (10G8): template errors

Oberbrunner__Gary

I'm getting compiler errors using icpc 19.0.4 on MacOS with XCode 10.3. The same code compiles fine with the xcode tools (g++, which is llvm 10.0.1) as well as standard Visual Studio 2017 on Windows. I'm just on a trial of the Intel compiler tools for now. I am using templates and tuples in the code (see the error below).

Compiler command line:

icpc -o Build/ofx-debug/math-prims.os -c -std=c++17 -g -mmacosx-version-min=10.11 -fPIC -DPROJECT=MarkyMark -DVER=0.1.0 -DVMAJ=0 -DVMIN=1 -DVPOINT=0 -DPORT=ofx -DVARIANT=debug -DPORT_OFX=1 -DSPDLOG_DEBUG_ON -DSPDLOG_TRACE_ON -DENABLE_UNIT_TESTS -Ispdlog/include -Icxxpool/src -Iinih -I/usr/local/Cellar/opencv/3.4.0_1/include Build/ofx-debug/math-prims.cxx

Errors start like this:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/type_traits(2171): error: template instantiation resulted in unexpected function type of "std::__1::true_type (int)" (the meaning of a name may have changed since the template declaration -- the type of the template is "std::__1::__select_2nd<decltype((<expression>)), std::__1::true_type>::type (int)")
      : public decltype((_VSTD::__is_assignable_test<_Tp, _Arg>(0))) {};
                                                                  ^
          detected during:
            instantiation of "std::__1::__is_assignable_test" based on template arguments <__type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &, __type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &> at line 2171
            instantiation of class "std::__1::__is_assignable_imp<_Tp, _Arg, <unnamed>> [with _Tp=__type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &, _Arg=__type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &, <unnamed>=false]" at line 2181
            instantiation of class "std::__1::is_assignable<_Tp, _Arg> [with _Tp=__type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &, _Arg=__type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &]" at line 2192
            instantiation of class "std::__1::is_copy_assignable<_Tp> [with _Tp=__type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &]" at line 867 of "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/tuple"
            instantiation of class "std::__1::tuple<_Tp...> [with _Tp=<__type_pack_element<0UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &, __type_pack_element<1UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>>={float *} &, __type_pack_element<2UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>>={int} &, __type_pack_element<3UL, dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &, const float *&>]" at line 1321 of
                      "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/tuple"
            instantiation of "std::__1::__tuple_cat_return_ref<std::__1::tuple<_Types...> &&, _Tuple0 &&, _Tuple1 &&, _Tuples &&...>::type std::__1::__tuple_cat<std::__1::tuple<_Types...>, std::__1::__tuple_indices<_I0...>, std::__1::__tuple_indices<_J0...>>::operator()(std::__1::tuple<_Types...>, _Tuple0 &&, _Tuple1 &&, _Tuples &&...) [with _Types=<>, _I0=<>, _J0=<0UL, 1UL, 2UL, 3UL>, _Tuple0=std::__1::tuple<dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &,
                      _Tuple1=std::__1::array<const float *, 1UL> &, _Tuples=<>]" at line 1346 of "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/tuple"
            instantiation of "std::__1::__tuple_cat_return<_Tuple0, _Tuples...>::type std::__1::tuple_cat(_Tuple0 &&, _Tuples &&...) [with _Tuple0=std::__1::tuple<dss::prim::add_const_op, float *, int, std::__1::tuple<float>> &, _Tuples=<std::__1::array<const float *, 1UL> &>]" at line 181 of "Build/ofx-debug/primitive-base.h"
            instantiation of "void dss::prim::process_image<Op,OpArgs,Srcs...>(dss::prim::Image, dss::prim::AlphaMode, OpArgs, int, int, Srcs...) [with Op=dss::prim::add_const_op, OpArgs=std::__1::tuple<float>, Srcs=<cv::Mat &>]" at line 207 of "Build/ofx-debug/primitive-base.h"
            instantiation of "void dss::prim::process_image_mt<Op,OpArgs,Srcs...>(dss::prim::Image, dss::prim::AlphaMode, OpArgs, Srcs &&...) [with Op=dss::prim::add_const_op, OpArgs=std::__1::tuple<float>, Srcs=<cv::Mat &>]" at line 43 of "Build/ofx-debug/math-prims.cxx"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

According to the RN, XCode 10.3 isn't listed as a supported version. Is is possible to use XCode 10.2?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-190-for-macos-release-notes-for-intel-par...;

Oberbrunner__Gary

I see, thanks for the info. This project needs 10.3; also I don't think it's easy to switch between Xcode 10.2 and 10.3 on the same machine. Do you have any idea when Xcode 10.3 will be supported?

Viet_H_Intel

Sorry, I don't have a date to share, but I am sure it will be supported in the next update.