Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icpc directives and attributes

jeff_keasler
Beginner
Hi,

Can you point me to the best available documentation resources for Intel C/C++ compiler directives (i.e. declspec) and compiler attributes? I need a resource that is comprehensive and will also includes Intel specific features such as __assume_aligned and the intel specific aligned malloc call (alignment, offset, size?).

I'm trying to get the most out of AVX because I am seeing a lot of extraneous assembly language instructions being generated by the compiler.

Thanks,
-Jeff
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Om_S_Intel
Employee
On Windos, Intel C++ compiler is striving to be compatible with Microsoft C++ compiler. You may refrer MSDN documentation for this.

On Linux, Intel C++ compiler is striving to be compatible with GNU compiler. You may refrerGNU documentation for this.

Some of the pramas are special to Intel C++ compiler. These are described is Intel C++ compiler user's guide.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
On Windos, Intel C++ compiler is striving to be compatible with Microsoft C++ compiler. You may refrer MSDN documentation for this.

On Linux, Intel C++ compiler is striving to be compatible with GNU compiler. You may refrerGNU documentation for this.

Some of the pramas are special to Intel C++ compiler. These are described is Intel C++ compiler user's guide.

0 Kudos
jeff_keasler
Beginner

In the C++ compiler user's guide, is all the information isolated in a single section somewhere? I can't find such a place.

It would be nice if there were a special Intel optimization document that consolidated all the pragmas, directives, attributes, intrinsics, and Intel specific features in one place. It could probably be quickly pieced together from the voluminous Intel documentation in a few hours for someone at Intel who is expert in low level architure and compiler details and familiar with the vast array of documentation sources.

-Jeff
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee

This documentation http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/composerxe/en-us/cpp/mac/index.htm#optaps/common/ Would give a good idea about the Pragmas, Optimizations, Intrinsics...

Is this helpful?

Thanks & Regards,
Sukruth H.V

0 Kudos
Mark_S_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos