Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

icpc: error #10417: Problem setting up the Intel(R) Compiler compilation environment.

segmentation_fault
New Contributor I

I installed oneapi on a CentOS Stream 8 machine. I realize it's not supported, but am still curious about the error below:

$ icpc test.cpp
icpc: error #10417: Problem setting up the Intel(R) Compiler compilation environment.  Requires 'install path' setting gathered from 'g++'

$ g++
-bash: g++: command not found

$ icc hello.c
ld: cannot find -lstdc++

The error about g++ command not found is strange because I have installed all the gcc related stuff. See:

sudo yum install gcc-c++.x86_64
sudo yum install gcc-toolset-9-libstdc++-devel
sudo yum install libstdc++-devel.

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 8.5.0 20210514 (Red Hat 8.5.0-3)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We tried to run a sample code on CentOS Linux 8 machine with intel compilers (2021.4) and gcc (8.4.1) (icc, icpc, gcc, g++) which you have mentioned and could not reproduce the issues which you have encountered.

>>The error about g++ command not found is strange

One of the reasons that may cause this error is, changing the PATH environment variable. If you change that, the shell doesn't find the program (here it is g++).

So please check if the g++ executable file location is present in the PATH environment variable.

Hope the provided information helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
segmentation_fault
New Contributor I

I was able to fix it by simply doing a "yum install gcc-c++" !

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

As your issue is resolved we are going ahead and closing this thread.

If you need any additional information from Intel, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos