Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

icpc won't compile programs using STL

Robert_Link
Beginner
The Intel C++ compiler (version 12.0.0) can't seem to compile this simple test program:
#include int main(void) { std::vector iv(100); for(int i=0; i<100; ++i) iv = i; return 0; } When I try to compile I get the following:
icpc stltest.cc
/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/@sys/usr/local/gcc/4.6.1/bin/../include/c++/4.6.1/bits/stl_uninitialized.h(225): error: identifier "__is_trivial" is undefined
std::__uninitialized_fill_n<__is_trivial(_ValueType)>::
^
detected during:
instantiation of "void std::__uninitialized_fill_n_a(_ForwardIterator, _Size, const _Tp &, std::allocator<_Tp2> &) [with _ForwardIterator=int *, _Size=unsigned long, _Tp=int, _Tp2=int]" at line 1125 of "/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/@sys/usr/local/gcc/4.6.1/bin/../include/c++/4.6.1/bits/stl_vector.h"
instantiation of "void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_fill_initialize(std::size_t={unsigned long}, const _Tp &) [with _Tp=int, _Alloc=std::allocator]" at line 266 of "/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/@sys/usr/local/gcc/4.6.1/bin/../include/c++/4.6.1/bits/stl_vector.h"
instantiation of "std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::vector(std::size_t={unsigned long}, const _Tp &, const _Alloc &) [with _Tp=int, _Alloc=std::allocator]" at line 5 of "stltest.cc"
/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/@sys/usr/local/gcc/4.6.1/bin/../include/c++/4.6.1/bits/stl_uninitialized.h(225): error: function call is not allowed in a constant expression
^
/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/@sys/usr/local/gcc/4.6.1/bin/../include/c++/4.6.1/bits/stl_uninitialized.h(225): error: type name is not allowed
^
detected during:
instantiation of "void std::__uninitialized_fill_n_a(_ForwardIterator, _Size, const _Tp &, std::allocator<_Tp2> &) [with _ForwardIterator=int *, _Size=unsigned long, _Tp=int, _Tp2=int]" at line 1125 of "/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/@sys/usr/local/gcc/4.6.1/bin/../include/c++/4.6.1/bits/stl_vector.h"
instantiation of "void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_fill_initialize(std::size_t={unsigned long}, const _Tp &) [with _Tp=int, _Alloc=std::allocator]" at line 266 of "/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/@sys/usr/local/gcc/4.6.1/bin/../include/c++/4.6.1/bits/stl_vector.h"
instantiation of "std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::vector(std::size_t={unsigned long}, const _Tp &, const _Alloc &) [with _Tp=int, _Alloc=std::allocator]" at line 5 of "stltest.cc"
The references to the g++ header files seem suspect to me. Is it normal for icpc to piggyback off of the g++ installed on the system? If not, then does anyone know how to make it stop? On the other hand, if it is normal for icpc to include g++ STL headers, then does anyone have an idea what's going on here?
-robert.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hi Robert,

please see this thread:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=84892

Solution is to use at least 12.0 Update 5 (or later).

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos