Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

icpx and C++ standards

MarjanAsgari
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to compile some C++ and C files using some makefiles and icpx compiler. The problem is that compiler throws errors from some libraries such s gdal library, which doesn't make senses to me. So, I am wondering maybe the problem is with C++ standards that i am trying to use. My question is which C++ standards are defined for Intel oneAPI base toolkit? or can someone help me with suggestions for solving the errors in the screenshot attached?

Thanks

Screenshot from 2021-06-25 11-40-32.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

>>Which C++ standards are defined for Intel oneAPI base toolkit? 

The Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler conforms to the ANSI/ISO C++17 standard.

Please visit this link for more information:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-dpcpp-cpp-compiler-dev-guide-and-reference/top/compatibility-and-portability/conformance-to-the-c-c-dpc-standards.html

Could you please provide the compiler version, OS version, and minimal reproducer along with build steps. So that we can check it on our end.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MarjanAsgari
Beginner

Hi Rajesh, 

I appreciate your help!

I tried to go with C++17 standards, but it seems it doesn't work. 

" CFLAGS="-qopenmp -fPIC -O2 -std=c++17 -w -fp-model precise" "

Info:
Compiler version: oneAPI environemnt : BASH_VERSION: 5.0.17(1)
I installed --> l_BaseKit_p_2021.2.0.2883_offline.sh
OS Version:  Linux-Ubuntu version 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa)
The steps I followed:

Then, I tried to compile GDAL C/C++ files. But lots of errors I face, especially for C programs.

Compiling any C program in the attached rar file throws many errors --> both using icpx /path/ and icx  /path/

I appreciate a lot any help, 

Marjan

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

We have installed the GDAL package. Can you please share the build steps for compiling the C files, so that we can reproduce the issue on our end.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MarjanAsgari
Beginner

Hi Rajesh, 

Thank you so much for your help. After all installations, I ran the "makefile" in the Model folder --> "make -f makefile mk_debug"

This is the way I try to compile them. I see most of the errors are related to C programmes (we have combinations of C and C++ programs), for example, the error of casting "void* to "uint8*", etc. So, I appreciate any help me how I can deal with this issue and combinations of C and C++

Thank you, 

Marjan

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

I have replaced static_cast<uint8*> to (uint8*) in tif_getimage.c and tried ICC/ICX 2021.2 compiler and I was unable to reproduce your errors.

Results from the make and makefile are attached.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MarjanAsgari
Beginner

Thank you, Rajesh,

Can I please ask you how did you use  ICC/ICX 2021.2 compiler? Is it in the Intel OneAPI toolkit? If yes, can you please what tag/syntax you have used?  if not can you please tell me how to install it? 

Because the only tag I am able to use without error is either icpx.... or icx ...., and both throw errors that I already had. 

Best, 

Marjan

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

ICC compiler is present in Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit. You can download it from the below link:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/hpc-toolkit/download.html?operatingsystem=linux&distributions=webdownload

From installing libgdal-dev: gdal-config --version is 2.2.3

I have set the CC=icx or icc in the makefile.

To start the oneAPI environment please source the oneAPI environment using this command:

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

I have made the above change in your project and it worked.

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Can you please provide an update on whether your issue has been resolved or not?

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MarjanAsgari
Beginner

Hi Rajesh, 

I was working on this issue yesterday and your solution worked well! I installed Intel OneAPI HPC toolkit on my ubuntu VM and I used classic C++ compiler (icc) and it worked great. I didn't receive any code-related errors from compiling the gdal library.

Many many thanks to you!

Marjan 

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation!

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Have a Good day.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos