Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

idb 10.1.35 MI interpreter is not correct?

bpthrane
Beginner
When running idb 10.1.35 (intel64) with arguments '-gdb -i mi', the MI interpreter mode seems not to be correctly implemented. One cannot set a break point in a file using the full path:

(gdb)
-break-insert /full/path/main.cpp:100
~"No instructions generated for "/full/path/main.cpp":100 "
^error,msg="Warning: Breakpoint not set "

This works fine in gdb...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

We will have a look at it. What is the OS and system you are running idb?

Regards,

Hubert.

0 Kudos
bpthrane
Beginner
I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu 7.10, which is probably not supported for this version of the Intel compiler. But the MI interpreter should be independent of platform, or?
0 Kudos
Rob_Mueller-Albrecht

You are right that theoretically the MI interpreter as such should be independent of the platform.

I did however observe that between Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10 there have been some configuration changes that could affect some variable settings in the installation. In other words I could see this being a weird side effect of an installation problem.

Anyway - we'll investigate this further with the information you provided and do some cross checks against different debugger installation.

I'l let you know if we find a workaround. Our next major update will of course be fully validated against Ubuntu 7.10. I am sorry that it is always slightly tricky to sync the major OS version updates with our own relase schedules.

Thanks, Rob

0 Kudos