Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

idb crashes after "permission denied"

eijkhout
Beginner
My executable has been compiled with icc.

[albook:~/Software/Salsa/syspro/testing] %% idb u3
Permission denied.

Intel Debugger for applications running on Intel 64, Version 10.1-32 caught signal "Segmentation fault" (11).
This is an unexpected condition and may indicate the presence of a defect.
If you wish to report this, please include the stack trace that follows.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'FatalError'

Intel Debugger for applications running on Intel 64, Version 10.1-32 caught signal "Abort trap" (6).
terminate called recursively
Abort trap

There is no "stack trace that follows".

Victor.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Victor,

Is u3 an executable with a 'main' in it? Do you have enough permission rights for u3? What shows > ls -l u3 ?

Version 10.1-32 is a rather old idb version. From which compiler package did you obtein it? Would you have a chance to install and use a newer compiler package with an up-to-date idb?

Regards,

Hubert.

0 Kudos
saeed_bahramy
Beginner

Victor,

Is u3 an executable with a 'main' in it? Do you have enough permission rights for u3? What shows > ls -l u3 ?

Version 10.1-32 is a rather old idb version. From which compiler package did you obtein it? Would you have a chance to install and use a newer compiler package with an up-to-date idb?

Regards,

Hubert.

I have got the same problem using idb. I've just installed Intel fortran compiler (and debugger) 10.1.006 on may Mac machine. The compiler seems to be working properly but any time i try to debug a simple sample code using idb I face the following (above) error message:

Permission denied.

Intel Debugger for applications running on Intel 64, Version 32 caught signal "Segmentation fault" (11).

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'FatalError'

Intel Debugger for applications running on Intel 64, Version 32 caught signal "Abort trap" (6).

terminate called recursively

Abort

could you please help me out to fix this problem!
Thanks
Saeed

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

This is a known issue with the older version of idb (Version 32) from the 10.1.006 update. The issue was fixed in the C++ 10.1.008 update for Mac OS containing idb (Version 34). Please download and install the latest Intel C++ 10.1.017 update from the Intel Registration Center here. Thislatest update package contains a newer idb, Version 10.1-35.

0 Kudos