Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

identifier "__builtin_nanf" is undefined

Jurczak__Paul
New Contributor I

I installed evaluation version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Cluster Edition Update 1 on Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 Community Edition. I'm getting compilation errors on Microsoft library files:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\limits(1120): error : identifier "__builtin_nanf" is undefined

I tried /Qstd=c++11 and /Qstd=c++14 compiler options to no effect.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jurczak__Paul
New Contributor I

Nevermind, I just found this report: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/limits1120-error-identifier-builtin-nanf-is-undefined. I will test if it works.

0 Kudos
Jurczak__Paul
New Contributor I

Yes, it does work. Blame Bing for this unnecessary post, Google finds the solution near the top of the page.

0 Kudos
pbkenned1
Employee

Thanks for confirming the workaround in the report works.  We'd like to track how many issues are being reported against this issue, so I've attached your thread to the developer's problem report, tracking ID DPD200577079.

Patrick

0 Kudos
pbkenned1
Employee

The compatibility issue with Visual Studio 2015 update 1 is now resolved in Intel C++ compiler 16.0 update 2, which is available now from the Intel Registration Center.

Patrick

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Yes, it works for my case.

0 Kudos