Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

in MacOSX 10.6 Intel C++ Libraries installation / setup Problem for ipp, tbb, and mkl

Francisco_Ortega
Beginner
Hi,
I found this to be the forum that applies for my question. I hope I'm right.
I installed m_cproc_p_11.1.088.dmg and m_cprof_p_11.1.088.dmg without any problems. I have my key and everything went fine.
However, when I try to install tbb30_018_mac.dmg, m_mkl_p_10.0.5.025.dmg , m_ipp_p_5.3.4.075.dmg I'm not able to hit continue.
Let me explain:
I'm running macosx 10.6.3 and my xcode version just in case is 3.2.2 64 bit. This is the intel i7 (just providing information forcompleteness.)
After having install the c++ compiler (and the fortran but I don't use it) I try to install the libraries mention above. The setup on those are different. It comes with a install icon which I run.
I get the window and the goback and continue buttons are disabled. Even if I leave it there for 10 minutes, still the same...
I search but I can't find the answer.
In summary , after running the install (install.sh even if i use sudo ./install.sh) it doesn't work. The same behavior. Continue and Go Back are disabled. I cannot click on it.
Please help
thanks,
Francisco Ortega
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
I have no experience installing ICC on OSX, but the installation notes

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-111-release-notes/

say that (just as for a Linux installation) the IPP, MKL and TBB products are installed along with the compiler.

Consequently, unless I am mistaken, you need not do a separate installation of tbb30_018_mac.dmg, m_mkl_p_10.0.5.025.dmg , m_ipp_p_5.3.4.075.dmg. Please check within the ICC installation directory for the IPP, MKL and TBB.

On Linux, my ICC directory shows:

[bash]~/LANG> ls ../MIRROR/ICC11/
Documentation  bin              idb      ipp  man  perf_headers        tbb
Samples        eclipse_support  include  lib  mkl  substitute_headers
[/bash]
Your directory listing should be similar.
0 Kudos
Francisco_Ortega
Beginner
Thank you for your help.

I believe that you are correct. I checked and they are there. The reason I had assume it wasn't, it's because I try a few samples provided from intel and it was indicating that the files were missing.. it's probably something else.
thanks,
Francisco
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
If you have not customized the installation in any way, with the current crop of compilers Intel make it very easy to use the MKL. All that is needed is

icc -mkl

and the proper MKL header files and MKL libraries are used to compile and link the application.
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel
On Mac, the performance libraries (IPP, MKL, TBB) are part of the compiler and will be installed as part of the compiler.
0 Kudos