Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

integrate intel ipp into visual studio 2008

esouka
Beginner
I am trying to integrate intel ipp into visual studio 2008 but when i go to

Project> Intel C++ Composer XE 2011> Select Build Components

it says that

There are neither C++ compilers nor Intel Performance Libraries installed for this platform

what can i do to integrate it?
what am i doing wrong here?
thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Hi esouka,

I would recommend posting this in the IPP support forum, but it does seem like something went wrong in your installation. Maybe a re-install, and then verifying that when it asks you to integrate into Microsoft Visual Studio 2008* that this is selected is worth trying.
0 Kudos
esouka
Beginner
I solved the problem by installing an older version of intel ipp, i installed version 5.3.
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi esouka,
By seeing your reply that the problem was solved using the older version, i think your license support is expired to download and install the latest version. If not please feel free to Post thisissue in Download,Licensing & Registration forum.

Thanks & Regards,
Sukruth.H.V
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I don't think that an integration problem was related to some trial or realversion ofIPP library. It must be
compiled regardless of VS selected.

It means, that a user could have a completely expired version of IPP and it could be used without any
limitations for compilation and linking, not execution. Do you understand what I'm talking about?

There was a problem with the linker and there wasn't a problem at run-time!

I also didn't understand what type ofolder version of IPP 'esouka' is using now, a trial or something else?

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos