Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

intel compiler macro support for vs2008

mawo
Beginner

Good morning,

I've triedto use the pre-defined macro _USE_INTEL_COMPILER (which worked pretty well in former versions of visual studio ) in my visual studio 2008 solution/project. Unfortunately I only found information about this macro for versions of VS up to 2005 where you can use it under project properties->C/C++ preprocessor settings. How does this macro work under VS2008? althoughI've definded the macro my VS2008 always uses the MS C++ Compiler instead of Intel's one.

Regards,

mawo

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JenniferJ

This macros is for backwords compatibility. Its primary usage is within VC6 IDE.

For VC2003/2005/2008 projects, it's better to do it following way:

1. On ToolsOption dialog, select "Intel C++"->"General", there's a check-box for "Override Intel C++ Compiler selection and user Visual C++ Compiler". check this box.
  2. use "ctrl+right-click" to select multiple projects you'd like to use Intel C++ Compiler to build some files.
  3. then click the "Use Intel C" icon: because of step1, all those projects will be still using Visual C++ compiler.
  4. then right click on the file/files you'd like IntelC to compile, select "Properties", and you can set the compiler to be IntelC.

If you need those two macros, let me find out why it doesn't work any more. Are you using the latest 10.1.022?

0 Kudos
mawo
Beginner
I couldn't find the option "override intel c++ compiler selection". Instead I only found "set to use visual c++ compiler after converting" under Intel C++ -> General.
Maybe because I'm using 10.1.021 instead of 10.1.022?
0 Kudos
mawo
Beginner
Maybe it's because I'm using v10.1.021 instead of 10.1.022 but I couldn't find the option "override intel c++ compiler selection and use visual c++ compiler". There's only the option "set to use visual C++ compiler after converting" under "Intel C++"->"General".
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Yes, this is the place. You can use it to set the default compiler to be VC.
0 Kudos
mawo
Beginner

I've solved the problem, thanks.

0 Kudos