Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

internal error 0_13122

jcoffland
Beginner
I'm getting internal error 0_13122 when compiling the attached code with 11.1 070 on Windows XP Pro SP2 with the following command:

icl /c -arch:SSE /EHa internal_error_0_13122.cpp

The error does not occur with out -arch:SSE.

I created internal_error_0_13122.cpp by adding the /E and /EP options and piping to the file.

I did not get the two warnings before piping to the file.

My original command line was much longer but only -arch:SSE made a difference with regards to the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Full compiler version string:

Intel C++ Compiler Professional for applications running on IA-32, Version 11.1 Build 20101201 Package ID: w_cproc_p_11.1.070
0 Kudos
10 Replies
jcoffland
Beginner
This also occured with 11.1 061.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
I compiled the testcase using icl version 12.0.4.196with VS2010 without any issue.
0 Kudos
jcoffland
Beginner
Please try with 11.1.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

It would be better if you could move to latest Intel compiler as even if there is an issue with 11.1 compiler, it will not get fixed in 11.1 ( too old to fix). If the issue is reproducible using 12.x then it compiler team will fix it.

0 Kudos
jcoffland
Beginner
We purchased 11.1 and would have to shell out the cash for compilers on Linux, Windows and OSX in order to move up to 12.x.

My employer purchased the Intel compiler on my recommendation to improve performance in our scientific applications. Although we have measured performance gains I've run in to more frequent and more serious problems than I've experienced with the GNU or MS compilers. Most of these problems are documented by my reports in this forum. Not one of the issues was resolved satisfactorily. We've just worked around them.

I've noticed the general policy in this forum is that either a black belt comes a long and tells you your stupid or your told your using the wrong version. I develop mostly in Linux so usually find bugs there but also build in Windows and OSX in our automated build system. Just mentioning Linux is usually enough to get a "it works fine in Windows, case closed" response.

Our support period has run out but it seems to me that Intel should offer free upgrades since We've been sold a broken product that the company is unwilling to fix. My alternative is just to drop the Intel compiler altogether. I understand that it's not cost effective to continue to support 11.1 indefinitely but I hope you see my point of view.

I don't want to come off as a complete a-hole but I'm a developer under the gun with an ever growing pile of work and I don't need to be wasting time dealing with compiler problems.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

According to my understanding, /arch:SSE isn't a supported option, and any documentation mention of this option is a documentation bug. I do agree, the docs ought to have been fixed earlier. If that option exists, it would seem to be an analog of the former option /QxK which wasn't supported adequately after ICL 8.1. There no longer is a separate SSE math library for ICL; if you want to run without SSE2, you require the IA32 math library.

The only supported option for compatibility with P-III is /arch:IA32. Several ISVs have had to drop support for P-III compatible CPUs, as none of the compiler vendors have the resources to support them properly, and it requires excessive QA on the part of the ISV as well.

0 Kudos
jcoffland
Beginner
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel
Do you have a valid commercial license of the products?

If so, submit an issue on Premier Support, they might be able to help.
https://premier.intel.com
0 Kudos
jcoffland
Beginner
I have a valid comercial license but the support period has expired. I understand paying for help using a working product but it seems odd that I should have to pay for support an internal compiler error.
0 Kudos
Quoc-An_L_Intel

I might be able to help you out here. I'll send you a private message.

0 Kudos