Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

internal error 0_1402

navia__jacob
Beginner

Hi

When compiling a C++ code base, I get
internal error 0_1402 when attempting to compile a line that contains one character:

{

The code base compiled OK Friday. I downloaded the latest CVS changes and now I get this.

Any ideas as to what to do?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
navia__jacob
Beginner
Quoting - jacob.navia
Hi

internal error 0_1402 when attempting to compile a line that contains one character:

{

The code base compiled OK Friday. I downloaded the latest CVS changes and now I get this.

Sorry I forgot to tell you:
Version 11.1
Command line
/usr/intel/bin/ia32/icc -D_SERVER_CPP_FLAGS -D__FAST_TIME -DANTS_ASSERT -I. -I../Win32/include -I.. -I../CryptoLibrary/include/Linux/32 -I../CryptoLibrary -I../CryptoLibrary/srp/libsrp -I../int128 -I../Shared -I../Atomics -I../icu/icu3.4/include -D__FIBER_CLEANUP -D__EMBEDDED_LEAK2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNODEBUG -D_NODEBUG -DNDEBUG -D_NDEBUG -DUNIX_COMPILE -D_REENTRANT -D_REDHAT -m32 -O1 -g -fno-gcse -fno-inline-functions -w -fno-gcse -fno-inline-functions -D__DBL_SO_SPLIT -I../icu/icu3.4/include -I. -I../Win32/include -I../CryptoLibrary -I../VParse -I../VParse/inc -I../Atomics -I../AtomicQ -I../atomic8byte -I../CompilerLibrary -I../CPThreadLibrary -I../int128 -I../avipl -o Release/Session.lo -c Session.cpp
Session.cpp(1572) (col. 1): internal error: 0_1402

The file Session.cpp contains:
void Session::PerformOpenSession(MessageWrapper* msg )
{

It crashes at the opening brace.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Please make sure the env is still the same. I'd check the include, lib and path searching directories. the directory from the icc should be in the front.

If the env is not the issue, we'd like to get an .i file (preprocessed) if possible.

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
RD1
Novice
Hello Jennifer,
I have a problem very similar to the one described in this thread. I am using the Intel icc compiler version 11.1.073, when compiling a c++ code I get:
internal error: 0_1402
when the compiler hits a line that containrs a single "{".
I am runining on a centos 6.2 server with gcc 4.4.6.
Here is the error:
../../src/pr-output.cc(3111) (col. 1): internal error: 0_1402
compilation aborted for ../../src/pr-output.cc (code 4)
make[3]: *** [liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/u/local/downloads/octave/octave-3.4.3/ATS-BUILD/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/local/downloads/octave/octave-3.4.3/ATS-BUILD/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/local/downloads/octave/octave-3.4.3/ATS-BUILD'
make: *** [all] Error 2
../../src/pr-output.cc(3111) (col. 1): internal error: 0_1402
compilation aborted for ../../src/pr-output.cc (code 4)make[3]: *** [liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo] Error 1make[3]: Leaving directory `/u/local/downloads/octave/octave-3.4.3/ATS-BUILD/src'make[2]: *** [all] Error 2make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/local/downloads/octave/octave-3.4.3/ATS-BUILD/src'make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/local/downloads/octave/octave-3.4.3/ATS-BUILD'make: *** [all] Error 2
and the line 3111 of codepr-output.cc is:
{
my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH have the compiler info first.
Could you please help? BTW the program I am trying to compile is part of octave 3.4.3.
Thanks,
Raffaella.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
If you can help us with small reproducer of the issue then we can investigate and narrow down the issue for you.

Thanks,

Om
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting jacob.navia
Hi

{

Please check for differences betweenCVSversions of thesource file where the internal error occured.You
should look formodifications in that source file since Friday.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
You have not provided enough context to do anything about your bug report. I have plenty of source code containing a single '{' which compiles and runs fine, so just saying that the compiler crashes at such a line is not enough. Nor is it reasonable to ask Intel to build a large package such as Octave just for catching this bug. Even if they agreed in principle to do that, the task would probably be given low priority.

Please provide a small, self-contained program (a.k.a. "reproducer") that exhibits the bug.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Hello Jennifer,
I have a problem very similar to the one described in this thread. I am using the Intel icc compiler version 11.1.073, when compiling a c++ code I get:
internal error: 0_1402
when the compiler hits a line that containrs a single "{".
I am runining on a centos 6.2 server with gcc 4.4.6.

The original poster could not provide a testcase so we still did not have a valid testcase for this issue. We did not get any other similar report with this error in 11.x or 12.x as well. So we do definitely need a testcase.

To create a testcase, please get the preprocessed .i file first by adding "-EP -P" options. Then send the .i file to either Premier Support or by private response.

Also if you have -O3 or -O2 or -ipo enabled, sometimes lower the optimization level will work-around the problem.
The 11.1.080 is the latest update. It's a good idea to try the 11.1.080 as well or the 12.1 update8.

But if you could provide a testcase so we can fix the bug, it would be great.

Thank you.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
RD1
Novice
Hello Om,
Thanks for your reply. I am posting below the the command within the makefile where the compilation breaks. Also I am attaching thepr-output.cc file, the config.log and the script I used to configure (ATS-config.sh).
Please let me know what other information you may need.
Thanks in advance,
Raffaella.
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src -I.. -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/fftw -I../libgnu -I../../libgnu -I../../libcruft/misc -I../liboctave -I../../liboctave -I. -I../../src -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/fftw -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wold-style-cast -Wformat -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -g -O2 -pthread -g -O2 -MT liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/liboctinterp_la-pr-output.Tpo -c -o liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo `test -f 'pr-output.cc' || echo '../../src/'`pr-output.cc
libtool: compile: icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src -I.. -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/
fftw -I../libgnu -I../../libgnu -I../../libcruft/misc -I../liboctave -I../../liboctave -I. -I../../src -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/
local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/fftw -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wold-style-cast -Wformat -Wpointer-arith
-Wwrite-strings -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -g -O2 -pthread -g -O2 -MT liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/liboctinterp_la-pr-output.Tpo -c ../../sr
c/pr-output.cc -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/liboctinterp_la-pr-output.o
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src -I.. -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/fftw -I../libgnu -I../../libgnu -I../../libcruft/misc -I../liboctave -I../../liboctave -I. -I../../src -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/fftw -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wold-style-cast -Wformat -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -g -O2 -pthread -g -O2 -MT liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/liboctinterp_la-pr-output.Tpo -c -o liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo `test -f 'pr-output.cc' || echo '../../src/'`pr-output.cclibtool: compile: icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src -I.. -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/fftw -I../libgnu -I../../libgnu -I../../libcruft/misc -I../liboctave -I../../liboctave -I. -I../../src -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include -I/u/local/compilers/intel/11.1/073/mkl/include/fftw -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wold-style-cast -Wformat -Wpointer-arith-Wwrite-strings -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -g -O2 -pthread -g -O2 -MT liboctinterp_la-pr-output.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/liboctinterp_la-pr-output.Tpo -c ../../src/pr-output.cc -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/liboctinterp_la-pr-output.o
0 Kudos